1. Quinton Patton – He didn't come into Senior Bowl week as one of the highest rated seniors, but he is making a case for himself. He made an athletic and strong catch on a go route over Robert Alford for a touchdown and caught another long ball on a post, showing good cutting ability, speed and hands – all in a 6-foot-2 package. He really helped his stock Tuesday.
2. Aaron Dobson – The Marshall receiver didn't get the ball thrown to him much during full-team and seven-on-seven work, but he's big (6-foot-3), can separate, whether it's an out route or a go route, has good hands and is a willing blocker.
3. Markus Wheaton – He might have the quickest feet on the North squad, but he also has long speed, as he showed on a 50-yard touchdown catch. He also used that speed to find the edge on an end-around.
4. Terrance Williams – He and Dobson were two of the highest ranked receivers coming into Senior Bowl week, and Williams had a strong Monday. His second day wasn't as good. He had at least one drop at seemingly every phase of practice, but he battled through it and continued to show a knack for the open areas in the secondary.
5. Marquise Goodwin – He is expected to go in the late rounds, but he showed better than that Tuesday. His quickness sets him up well on out-cutting routes and he displayed deep speed, too. However, he did bobble a pass or two early in practice.
Tim Yotter is the publisher of Viking Update. Follow Viking Update on Twitter and discuss this story on our subscriber message board.
Senior Bowl: Wide Receiver Rankings
Packer Report Top Stories
Combine Research: Receivers (Part 4)Who became a sensation simply by having lunch? Whose mentor is a Hall of Fame cousin? What's it like to be a five-star recruit? Those answers and more as we get to know the top…
Packer ReportYesterday at 10:00 PM
Combine Research: Receivers (Part 3)Who smashed Jerry Rice's records? Whose dad played in the NBA? Who wrote a letter to his dad father predicting he'd be a star? Those answers and more as we get to know the top…
Packer ReportYesterday at 9:52 PM
Combine Research: Receivers (Part 2)Which native of Oman took advantage of a fresh start? Which player found friendship in a boy with cerebral palsy? Which player with NFL ties had a record-setting season? Those…
Packer ReportYesterday at 9:44 PM
Combine Research: Receivers (Part 5)Who finds inspiration in two people who were killed in separate car accidents? Who had an extreme fear of failure? Which star players sustained incredibly scary injuries? Those…
Packer ReportYesterday at 9:37 PM