Head coaches: Mike Sherman and Andy Reid each served as offensive assistants under Mike Holmgren with Packers from 1997-98. Sherman coached tight ends while Reid coach quarterbacks. Series: Seven of past eight games, including four in row have been decided by 8 points or less.
PACKERS NOTES AND NUMBERS
- Mike Sherman is 45-23 (.662), including playoffs, as Packers' head coach & is first coach in club history to top 40 wins in first four regular seasons (43-21)
- Offense finished 1st in NFC with 65.4 red zone TD pct, (52 trips, 34 TDs).
- The Packers are plus-13 in turnover ratio over their last five games, all wins (including Wild Card win).
- QB Brett Favre tossed NFL-best 32 TD passes. Favre has now led league 4 times in his career, tying Len Dawson, Johnny Unitas and Steve Young for most seasons leading league in TD passes all-time. Has TD pass in club-record 25 games in row, longest current streak in NFL. Has TD pass in 14 consecutive playoff games, longest such streak in NFL history. Has 31 playoff TD passes in 18 games & needs 2 to pass Dan Marino (32) for second-most all-time. Has 4,506 career playoff passing yards after totaling 319 vs. Seattle and needs five to pass Marino for 3rd-most ever.
- RB Ahman Green had career-best 20 TDs, passing Jim Taylor (19, 1962) for single-season club record. Has 25 career 100-yard games & his club is 23-2 (.920) in those contests. Led NFC & ranked third in NFL with 2,250 yards from scrimmage (1,883 rush, 367 rec). Had two 1-yard TD runs vs. Seattle Rushed for 192 yards, 1 TD in last game vs. Philadelphia.
- WR Javon Walker had five catches for 111 yards vs. Seattle and seeks to become first player in NFL history with 3 consecutive 100-yard receiving games in first three career playoff games. Led club with career-best 9 TD receptions. His 17.5 yards per catch (41 for 716) avg. ranks 2nd in NFL (min. 30 catches).
- WR Robert Ferguson has career-highs with 38 catches and 520 receiving yards.
- WR Antonio Freeman has 10 playoff TD catches in 15 career postseason games and needs one to pass Pro Football Hall of Famer Fred Biletnikoff (10) for third-most in NFL history.
- DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila had 10 sacks and is first player in franchise history with 3 consecutive 10-sack seasons.
- CB Al Harris had game-winning 52-yard INT TD in overtime, marking 1st time in NFL history playoff game decided by defensive TD in OT. Played in 87 games with Eagles from 1998-02, including 7 in playoffs.
- S Darren Sharper led club in INTs (5) for 4th consecutive season.
- KR Najeh Davenport had 16 kick returns in 2003 and averages 31.6 yards per return.
EAGLES NOTES AND NUMBERS
- Club has won 11-plus games for four consecutive seasons and earned third NFC East championship in row. ... Team has allowed 2 offensive TDs in past 4 home playoff games... Head coach Andy Reid has four playoff wins with Eagles, most in franchise history. Club has won 44 of 51 games, including playoffs, under Reid when scoring 20+ points.
- QB Donovan McNabb has 9 career playoff TD passes and needs one to pass Ron Jaworski (9) for most in team history. Ranks 4th in NFL playoff history (min. 150 attempts) with 2.4 INT pct. (6 INTs in 248 attempts). Has completed at least 60 pct. of pass attempts in 5 of 7 career playoff games. Ranked 2nd among NFL QBs this season with 355 yards rushing (3 TDs)
- Club ranked No. 2 in NFL with 23 rushing TDs. Have rushing TD in 15 games in row. RB trio of Correll Buckhalter (542, 8), Brian Westbrook (613, 7) and Duce Staley (463, 5) combined for 1,618 rushing yards & 20 rushing TDs. Staley has TD in 4 of 5 career playoff games.
- Eagles are 12-1, including playoffs, when McNabb and WR James Thrash connect for TD.
- WR Todd Pinkston had game-winning 6-yard TD catch with 27 seconds remaining in last game vs. GB.
- DT Corey Simon posted 7.5 sacks, 2nd-most among NFL DTs, while DT Darwin Walker added 6.0, tied for 3rd-most in conference.
- DT Jim Flanigan was born in Green Bay and spent 2001 season with Packers, posting 41 tackles and 4.5 sacks.
- LB Mark Simoneau led club with 122 tackles in 1st season with team. Faced Eagles in divisional playoffs last year as member of Falcons.
- LB Nate Wayne started 40 games for Packers from 2000-02. Started 16 games in first season with Eagles and will take part in third consecutive postseason, including past 2 with Green Bay.
- CB Bobby Taylor has played in 10 career playoff games with Eagles, most in franchise history. Had 2 INTs in 2 playoff games last season.