A. Larry McCarren
B. Gale Gillingham
C. Scott Hunter
D. Jim Carter
2. Name the eighth round pick in 1977 who led the team in passing in 1978 and 1979. A. Lynn Dickey
B. David Whitehurst
C. Carlos Brown
D. Dennis Sproul
3. Which receiver who averaged 22.6 yards a catch in his rookie year after being picked by the Pack in the 12th round in 1982?
A. Walter Stanley
B. Gary Lewis
C. James Lofton
D. Phillip Epps
4. Name the 11th round pick in 1983 who supplanted the Packers' third round pick in 1981 as punter. A. David Beverly
B. Ray Stachowicz
C. Bucky Scribner
D. Don Bracken
5. Name the 11th round pick in 1984 who inherited the starting center spot from Larry McCarren in 1985.
A. Mark Cannon
B. Karl Swanke
C. Frank Winters
D. Blake Moore
1. A, Larry McCarren. "The Rock" may be the greatest late-round steal in franchise history this side of Starr. Despite being the 308th selection in 1973, McCarren went on to become one of the great centers in club history.
2. B, David Whitehurst. The 206th choice in 1977 draft was pressed into service because of injuries in 1978 and 1979 and threw for 4,293 yards and 20 touchdowns.
3. D, Phillip Epps. The 321st pick in 1982 was arguably the Packers' fastest player throughout the 1980s and he flashed that blazing speed as a third receiver and a dangerous return man.
3. C, Bucky Scribner. The 299th pick in 1983 inherited the punting position from Stachowicz, who was the 62nd pick in 1981.
4. C, Bucky Scribner. The 299th pick in 1983 inherited the punting position from Stachowicz, who was the 62nd pick in 1981.
5. A, Mark Cannon. Similar to McCarren, Cannon was a bonafide late-round bargain. The Packers used the 294th pick in 1984 on the Texas-Arlington product and he went on to be a mainstay on the line through the 1980s.
More late-round trivia to come!