* - indicates a trade that has or will take place at this pick
1) * New York Giants - QB Eli Manning, Mississippi
Tom Coughlin wants his tenure in New York to be long and successful. The selection of Manning will help make that a reality.
2) * Cleveland Browns - OT Robert Gallery, Iowa
The Browns move up and get the guy they want. Gallery fills a major need for Cleveland.
3) Arizona Cardinals - WR Larry Fitzgerald, Pittsburgh
4) * San Diego Chargers - QB Ben Roethlisberger, Miami (Ohio)
The Chargers still get a franchise QB, plus get better positioning later in the draft.
5) Washington Redskins - S Sean Taylor, Miami (Fla.)
The defense gets some help with the addition of Taylor, who will solidify the Redskin secondary.
6) * Buffalo Bills - TE Kellen Winslow...Miami (Fla.)
The Bills move up to get the player they want. Winslow will make the Bills offense scary. QB Drew Bledsoe was at his best in New England when he had TE Ben Coates among his options.
7) * Oakland Raiders - WR Roy Williams, Oklahoma
The Raiders use the same strategy as the Chargers, as they move down just a little. They still get the guy they wanted and get more help later in the draft.
8) Atlanta Falcons - DE Kenechi Udeze, USC
Jim Mora Jr. and Rich McKay both know that everything starts with defensive pressure.
9) Jacksonville Jaguars - WR Reggie Williams, Washington
The Jaguars would have preferred a different Williams, however Mike Williams is now ineligible for the draft. Reggie is the next best WR on the board and the Jags need an upgrade at WR.
10) * Houston Texans - DT Vince Wilfork, Miami (Fla.)
The massive Wilfork will help free up the Houston linebackers to make more plays.
11) Pittsburgh Steelers - QB Phillip Rivers, North Carolina State
The Steelers will gladly take their QB of the future here.
12) * Green Bay Packers - CB DeAngelo Hall, Virginia Tech
The Packers trade CB Mike McKenzie to the Jets to move up in the 1st. The Packers kill four birds with one stone - they trade a malcontent out of the NFC, get the best CB in the draft, get a dangerous punt returner and they also keep their 2nd round pick.
13) * Detroit Lions - RB Steven Jackson, Oregon State
The Lions still get the RB they wanted, plus get more help later in the draft.
14) Chicago Bears - WR Michael Clayton, LSU
15) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - DT Tommie Harris, Oklahoma
The Bucs helped their offense in free agency. Monte Kiffin's defense gets a stud DT that will excel in the Bucs one gap defensive scheme.
16) San Francisco 49ers, CB Dunta Robinson, South Carolina
The 49ers need help at WR and CB. Robinson is the better value here.
17) * Denver Broncos - RB Kevin Jones, Virginia Tech
The Broncos moved up in the 1st round to get a top RB to help replace Clinton Portis.
18) New Orleans Saints - LB D.J. Williams, Miami (Fla.)
The athletic Williams will help the Saints defense get faster.
19) Minnesota Vikings - DE Will Smith, Ohio State
The Vikings are very fortunate to get a defensive player of this caliber here.
20) Miami Dolphins - OT Shawn Andrews, Arkansas
Andrews will help both the running and passing game of the Dolphins.
21) New England Patriots - LB Jonathan Vilma, Miami (Fla.)
Bill Belichick might even smile after this pick. The New England defense will get even tougher.
22) Dallas Cowboys - RB Chris Perry, Michigan
Bill Parcells hopes that Perry can become THE guy at RB.
23) Seattle Seahawks - DT Randy Starks, Maryland
The Hawks need to upgrade their defensive interior with someone like Starks.
24) Cincinnati Bengals, CB Chris Gamble, Ohio State
The Bengals need quality depth at CB, especially after the auto accident involving CB Dennis Weathersby.
25) * New York Jets - WR Lee Evans, Wisconsin
The Jets acquired CB Mike McKenzie from Green Bay to move back to this pick. The Jets need help at WR and their track record drafting Wisconsin WRs is pretty good. Remember Al Toon?
26) St. Louis Rams - TE Ben Troupe, Florida
27) Tennessee Titans - DE Antwan Odom, Alabama
The Titans will try and replace DE Jevon Kearse with Odom, who has similar skills.
28) Philadelphia Eagles - LB Karlos Dansby, Auburn
The Eagles need quality depth at LB. The team will weigh picking a RB or WR here, but Dansby is the better value here.
29) Indianapolis Colts - DT Darnell Dockett, Florida State
Dockett is a nice fit for the one gap defense that Tony Dungy employs.
30) Kansas City Chiefs - CB Will Poole, USC
The Chiefs need to be able to stop the passing game and Poole will help that cause.
31) Carolina Panthers - CB Derrick Strait, Oklahoma
John Fox knows you cannot have too many quality DBs.
32) New England Patriots - G Vernon Carey, Miami (Fla.)
The Pats get needed help for the offensive line.