Features of the seven-year deal with Verizon Wireless include:
* Prominent signage throughout Lambeau Field.
* Verizon Wireless will be the official wireless service provider of the Green Bay Packers and Lambeau Field.
* Sponsorship of the Junior Captain Program. (Children can register at Verizon Wireless locations. A winner will be selected at random for each game, and the child selected will get to accompany the Packers Team Captains for the Coin Toss at a Lambeau Field home game.)
* At one home game each season, fans will be encouraged to bring in their old wireless phones to donate to Verizon Wirelessí exclusive HopeLineSM program. The wireless handsets collected will be refurbished, recycled and/or sold with proceeds directly benefiting victims of domestic violence in Wisconsin.
* Verizon Wireless will have exclusive rights to the Packers team marks, allowing the company to use the Green Bay Packers, Lambeau Field and Titletown trademarks in both permanent and non-permanent point of sale advertising materials.
The dollar amount of the agreement was not disclosed for proprietary reasons.
"We are thrilled to expand our agreement with the Green Bay Packers and extend our relationship with a team and landmark that are such inseparable parts of Green Bay and the entire state of Wisconsin," said Tracy Nolan, Wisconsin/Illinois Region President. "The Packers and Verizon Wireless make a great team. The Packers are a premier organization with an extraordinary tradition of dedication, determination and excellence. Those are qualities we embrace as a company."
Added Nolan, "With the Packers being the most recognized sports team in the state and perhaps the country, this new deal will give us an exceptionally high degree of visibility, reaching hundreds of thousands of potential customers each season."
Additional gate sponsor announcements are expected in the coming months.