The balloting, which started three weeks ago, has reached 17,989,687 total votes and is on pace to break last year's record of 33 million total votes. Voting continues on NFL.com through December 16. The squads will be announced December 19 on the 2003 Pro Bowl Selection Show on ESPN.
The consensus ballots of NFL fans, players and coaches each count one-third towards determining the 43-man rosters that will represent the American and National conferences at Aloha Stadium Feb. 2 in Honolulu.
Listed below are the top ten overall vote-getters and the players with the most votes at each position through November 6:
NFL ALL-STAR TOP-TEN VOTE-GETTERS
1. Brett Favre, QB, Packers, 317,986
2. Drew Bledsoe, QB, Bills, 294,091
3. Priest Holmes, RB, Chiefs, 257,334
4. Tony Gonzalez, TE, Chiefs, 239,205
5. Mike Alstott, FB, Buccaneers, 239,085
6. Marshall Faulk, RB, Rams, 221,931
7. Deuce McAllister, RB, Saints, 218,304
8. LaDainian Tomlinson, RB, Chargers, 197,260
9. Ahman Green, RB, Packers, 195,069
10. Bubba Franks, TE, Packers, 192,985
NFC LEADING VOTE-GETTERS QB, Brett Favre, Packers, 317,986 RB, Marshall Faulk, Rams, 221,931 FB, Mike Alstott, Buccaneers, 239,085 WR, Donald Driver, Packers, 160,538 TE, Bubba Franks, Packers, 192,985 T, Orlando Pace, Rams, 46,525 G, Larry Allen, Cowboys, 57,573 C, Mike Flanagan, Packers, 57,361 K, Ryan Longwell, Packers, 123,290 KR, Michael Lewis, Saints, 79,727 DE, Julius Peppers, Panthers, 88,011 IL, Warren Sapp, Buccaneers, 111,927 OLB, Derrick Brooks, Buccaneers, 58,350 ILB, Brian Urlacher, Bears, 129,724 CB, Champ Bailey, Redskins, 79,467 SS, Sammy Knight, Saints, 48,865 FS, Darren Sharper, Packers, 61,495 P, Todd Sauerbrun, Panthers, 84,529 ST, Matt Bowen, Packers, 33,394