- The Carolina Panthers for the second straight week will have Amini Silatolu start at left guard for them in place of Andrew Norwell. Last week, Silatolu played well but will be facing an under-rated Jurrell Casey, who is one of the better lineman in the league. This is certainly one match-up to watch today.
- There also should be no surprise as both Luke Kuechly and Jonathan Stewart are both active for today's game even though they are dealing with ankle injuries. Both players sat out practice on Wednesday but were fine the rest of the week and there shouldn't be any limitations with either's playing time today.
- Meanwhile, defensive tackle Dwan Edwards is going to miss today's game with an ankle sprain that has been bothering him for a few weeks now. He did practice this week on a limited basis so he should be close to returning in the coming weeks.
- One of the bigger names on the inactive list is wide receiver Brenton Bersin, who has seen his playing time continue to drop since his four reception, 54 yard game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at the beginning of October. He has not seen a target since that game. The Panthers will only have four wide receivers active for today.
- It is also worth noting that running back Cameron Artis-Payne is inactive for the second straight week. The fifth-round rookie out of Auburn was expected to be the primary backup to Stewart this year but has not been involved in this offense with only 12 carries on the year. I thought there may be a chance that he would be active for this game with Stewart a little banged up but the team will enter this game with a backfield of Mike Tolbert and Fozzy Whittaker to go along with Stewart.