- As expected, the Carolina Panthers will be without starting wide receiver Philly Brown which may not be as big of a loss as for this offense. Brown has seen a majority of the snaps for this team but has not really produced. Meanwhile rookie Devin Funchess, who has played well the past two weeks, will get the start and have the chance to really show what he can do. The team also activated Brenton Bersin in place of Brown instead of Kevin Norwood.
- Another injury that could have a bigger ripple effect is the loss of cornerback Charles Tillman, who is out with a hip injury. This means that Bene Benwikere will move to the outside and Colin Jones will step in as the team's nickel. This is the lineup the Panthers had at the end of last year and in the playoffs so these two have experience playing the positions but they have not done it a great deal this year.
- The fact that Jones is the team's nickelback, the Panthers have activated safety Dean Marlowe for the first time this year.
- Meanwhile, defensive end Wes Horton is inactive this week. This shouldn't be a huge suprise since his playing time has continued to get less and less over the past few weeks. This is a trend I expect to continue with Charles Johnson returning on Thursday against the Dallas Cowboys.
- The Panthers once again will only have running backs Jonathan Stewart and Fozzy Whittaker active as rookies Cameron Artis-Payne and Brandon Wegher are inactive. This has to be a disappointment for Artis-Payne who entered the season with expectations as the team's primary backup but has been inactive the past few weeks.