|Kurt Coleman||S||Foot||Did Not Practice|
|Ted Ginn Jr.||WR||Knee||Did Not Practice|
|Ryan Kalil||C||Illness||Did Not Practice|
|David Mayo||LB||Hamstring||Full Participant|
|Jonathan Stewart||RB||Foot||Did Not Practice|
|Fozzy Whittaker||RB||Ankle||Did Not Practice|
*Injury statuses courtesy of Panthers.com
- The weather played a factor today for the Carolina Panthers as they were forced to practice on a slick field due to the rain that moved through Charlotte on Wednesday. This was one of the reasons why Jonathan Stewart was kept out of practice as he tries to work his way back from a foot injury, according to Ron Rivera. He said in his press conference yesterday that Stewart did run on the treadmill Tuesday so it will be interesting to see how much work he gets in practice the rest of the week.
- The Panthers also didn't have Fozzy Whittaker, who suffered a high ankle sprain against the Falcons. The back-up running back is not likely to play this week and if Stewart is not able to go the offense will turn to rookies Cameron Artis-Payne and Brandon Wegher.
- Safety Kurt Coleman was also held out of practice today due to the weather as he tries to work his way back from a foot sprain. Rivera said the injury wasn't bad on Tuesday so depending on how much work he is able to do in practice on Thursday and Friday will determine his availability Sunday.
- The biggest positive was that linebacker David Mayo was a full participant on Wednesday after missing the past few weeks with a hamstring injury. Mayo has been a big contributor on special teams and will be a nice boost for this group on Sunday.
- The one surprise name on this list was Ryan Kalil, who missed practice due to the stomach flu according to ESPN's David Newton.