Not the best day in Foxboro as the Patriots got through their fourth practice of the season. Let's go through the notes:
- Defensive tackles Alan Branch didn't practice again due to his conditioning. Branch most likely won't be cut, but he needs to get back on the field asap.
- Branch wasn't the only one missing from practice; Ryan Wendell, Chris White, Chris Jones, Tyler Gaffney, Brandon LaFell, Dane Fletcher, and Chandler Jones all missed the session too.
- Aaron Dobson continues to impress, making plays all over the field. Today he made a great catch over Malcolm Butler, another player that has looked excellent early on. Dobson was good as a rookie, and the Patriots are hoping he can stay healthy and show the promise he flashed in 2013 (37 catches, 519 yards, four touchdowns).
- Julian Edelman was having another good day, but he went down with a foot injury. Edelman is important to the offense so this will bear watching.
- Danny Amendola has looked great in camp too, and now that Brady has developed a rapport with him in the passing game, he has a chance to have his best season since he's been in a Patriots uniform.
- Free agent-signee Jabaal Sheard has looked good in drills and when the Patriots go team (11-on-11). New England has needed a stronger pass rush for some time now, and Sheard looks like he's going to fill that void.
- Once again, Antonio Johnson was with the starting unit and didn't looked overwhelmed in the least. Johnson is getting an opportunity with Alan Branch still not able to get on the field. Johnson also impressed in the offseason.
- Jamie Collins continues to impress, today making a great play in coverage on tight end Scott Chandler.
- The battle at defensive back is heating up; Tarell Brown is showing why he's been a starter for the last four seasons and Robert McClean has had a very good four practices.
*No Practice on Monday*
Follow Me @chris_simoneau