This week's match-up, a rematch of last year's playoff game, will be played under the lights on Sunday night at Gillette Stadium.
Here are the top 10 quotes of the week, heading into Game 3, Patriots-Broncos:
10. "No question. We'll definitely be ready for this game. It's a big game, a network game, against the team that knocked us out, to say the least. We don't need any pick-me-ups for this one. It's going to be fun. This is what you play for as a competitor. We would have had Pittsburgh at home. We had the table set up for us. We just didn't finish."
Patriots defensive end Richard Seymour on a rematch with the Broncos
Translation: "We should have beaten them in January, we would have beaten the Steelers, and we should be defending Super Bowl champs. Again."
9. "There's definitely a lot of fear out there. Not only do I sense it, I've also experienced it. I've seen a lot of good players drafted in the first round, or play for the organization for a long time and get cut. They handle football like a business. Everybody is on their toes up there."
Broncos (and former Patriots) running back Cedric Cobbs [San Jose Mercury News]
Translation: "I was there for one season and I'm going to talk like I know everything about the place. I wasn't good enough to play there but I'm going to blame Belichick."
8. "That's a tough game to root for. I'm always rooting for Charlie, but I have a lot of ties to Michigan, too. I hate when those teams play each other. But he gave it to me pretty good last year. I didn't want to rub it in this year."
Tom Brady Q: Did you get Charlie Weis back [after Michigan beat Notre Dame]?
Translation: "Michigan 47, Notre Dame 21. You bet I'm gonna gloat."
7. "Mister 'Mo.' That's what it's all about, momentum. A lot of times with offensive football, all it takes is one play or two to give your guys a spark and that's exactly what happened."
Chad Pennington on how the Jets came back in the second half against the Patriots
Translation: "Once New England stopped tackling we almost came back to win the game."
6. "It's great for talk radio and it's great for TV, but Jake has won a lot of games. Just because we started out a little slow, just like we did last year, doesn't mean it's the end of the world."
Denver Head Coach Mike Shanahan, on whether he'll sit Jake Plummer soon
Translation: "I'd start Jay Cutler tomorrow if I could. Soon, very soon."
Translation: "I've got a reel-to-reel film projector and a beta VCR. I don't need TiVo."
4. "It shouldn't have been that close. That was just terrible by us. Breakdowns. A lack of concentration. We can't go into next week doing those type of things, because Denver will definitely beat you." [Boston Globe]
Patriots safety Rodney Harrison
Translation: "I'm hitting everything in sight this week. I might even hit some of my teammates if they don't play better."
3. "Ian? He's quick as a dang hiccup."
Broncos defensive end Kenard Lang on Denver linebacker Ian Gold's speed. [from Denver's official website]
Translation: I have no idea.
2. "I don't care. You can scrutinize it all you want. Knock yourself out Let me know the next time you see two coaches kiss out there at midfield."
Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick, on the scrutiny his post-game handshake with Eric Mangini is receiving
Translation: "If I weren't required by the league to talk to you people I wouldn't. And if it weren't tradition to have to shake the opposing coach's hand, I wouldn't do that either."
1. "That's going to sit with me for a long time. It was a tough way to end the year. I think we were really playing at a much higher level than we were earlier in the season. We were a very confident team. We just, appropriately I would say, laid an egg out there, and I was a huge part of that."
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, on the loss to the Broncos in last year's playoffs.
Translation: "I still can't believe we lost that game."
Tom Brady's been waiting for this game since January. A Patriots win won't erase the memory of that brutal loss to the Broncos, but a win would make New England 3-0.
Darren is a regular contributor to Patriots Insider. You can find him in the forums under the name: DestinationSuperBowl. You can also find archives of his columns on the Insiders by searching for "Darren Kelly"