Both teams know that this one's a big one. For the Patriots, it's a chance to go to 3-0 in the division and hit the bye week 4-1. For the Dolphins, each loss is more evidence that the preseason hype that surrounded this team was misplaced. A win in Foxboro would go a long way toward taking the pressure off.
Here are the top 10 quotes of the week, heading into Game 5, Patriots-Dolphins:
10. "They know they can't stop us. They can't cover us. That's why they played the coverage they did. They did a good job of mixing it up. I feel like we were the better team. But the score doesn't say that."
- Bengals wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, after the Bengals lost 38-13 to the Patriots
Translation: "Hey, I got open all day. Four catches for 95 yards. Those stiffs couldn't cover me. Where was everybody else on my team? Do I respect the Patriots? Nope. I don't care that they've got three trophies in their case and that they destroyed us today. We're much better than they are."
9. "It was a very low point, very low feeling after the game. Probably the lowest feeling this year as far as losing. We have an opportunity to redeem ourselves this week."
- Dolphins wide receiver Chris Chambers on last week's loss to Houston
Translation: "That team's one of the worst in the NFL. And we lost to them? What does that make us, then? One of the worst teams in the NFL, right?"
Translation: "That hit was clean. That's what I'm telling you guys anyway. Don't think we weren't hi-fiving like crazy on the sidelines on that one."
7. "Oh, yeah. Absolutely. I think that I probably need them more than he needs them right now, so I probably miss them more than he does."
- Nick Saban, on if he misses his conversations with Bill Belichick now that they're coaching against each other
Translation: "The guy's got three Super Bowl rings and until I do something in this league you're going to keep comparing me with him, so what do you think?"
6. "To the naked eye, everyone can say you can just drop back and throw it deep, but really it is not like that. There are a lot of things that have to go right to be able to do that, like the offensive linemen, the tight ends, the backs, myself and the receivers all have to be on the same page. It is a work in process and we have to continue to do that. But when we all get on the same page, it is going to be a beautiful thing."
- Dolphins quarterback Daunte Culpepper
Translation: "I don't even know half these guys' names. We practically introduce ourselves to each other each time we huddle up. Maybe by December our offense will look in sync."
5. "I hope those guys feel like they're taken pretty good care of. They always ask about stuff like that. Christmas time is usually pretty good for them. I would be hard-pressed to think they get better gifts than what they get from me."
- Patriots quarterback Tom Brady on rewarding his offensive line
Translation: "You think Uncle Joe and Aunt Martha are hooking these guys up the way I do? Come on. Do you know how much money I make? If you had a group of guys that put their bodies in front of bullets for you once a week, you'd reward them big time too."
4. "What I said was, this is not an issue relative to results, record, or anything that's happened in games. It's a physical, medical, ability issue. Can the guy do what he needs to do to be successful? If we were 4-0 right now we would be having the same conversation. It's not about any of that."
- Nick Saban, when asked to clarify if his decision not to play a quarterback is based on what he sees in practice, versus a game
Translation: "We're 1-3 and my quarterback looks lost. He doesn't look good in games, or in practice. Heck, he doesn't even look good in Madden '07. You'd think about replacing him too."
3. "The biggest importance for our team is who we are, what we are in terms of how we're going to get things corrected, how we want to play football in the future and learn from the things that have happened in the past."
- Dolphins head coach Nick Saban
Translation: "Right now we stink. And if we don't get things turned around real soon, we'll be sitting at home in January again."
2. "I don't know about simple, but I don't think we're talking about splitting the atom here. It's just timing."
- Patriots head coach Bill Belichick on how simple it is for a running back to catch a direct snap
Translation: "I split an atom once. It was a little tougher than catching a direct snap. The flea flicker. Now that's a complicated one."
1. "Losing sucks. Any loss hits you hard. Just losing period sucks, but it's not a shock. It's a long season, not the time to press the panic button. We're going to be alright and just have to keep working."
- Dolphins tight end Randy McMichael when asked if he's shocked that his team is 1-3
Translation: "Losing sucks."
Truer words were never spoken. Losing sucks. Patriots fans sure remember that feeling. Losing was a way of life in Foxboro for many, many years, which is why they savor every game this Patriots team plays. Recent Patriots-Dolphins games have been fierce, close battles. Everyone remembers the Monday Night Football disaster from two years ago, with Brady throwing from his back and the Dolphins erasing a late 4th quarter lead. Pats-Dolphins. The rivalry continues Sunday afternoon.
Darren is a regular contributor to Patriots Insider. You can find him in the forums under the name: DestinationSuperBowl. You can also find archives of his columns on the Insiders by searching for "Darren Kelly"