Actually, 007 probably could have helped block against the Dolphins. The offensive line -- the only part of the team on which owner Bob Kraft invested money this year -- was awful against Miami. The Patriots need to rebound this week against the 4-9 Texans. After struggling against the Lions and Dolphins, they need to right the ship before it sinks.
Here are the top 10 quotes of the week, heading into Week 15, Patriots-Texans:
10. "No, not yet. We'll go out there today and practice and see how everybody's doing. We haven't worked the last couple days, and see how everybody's doing and then issue that report after we see where they're at."
Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, when asked by the Houston media about Laurence Maroney's status for Sunday
Translation: "You guys don't deal with me every day, so I'll take it easy on you. This is how it works-I don't give you any answers and then you have to go write something anyway. Deal with it."
9. "It's the same as it always is. It's Monday after the game. Everybody is sore. Everybody is getting treatment. We'll see where we are on Wednesday. The crystal ball is a little cloudy today. I'll see if I can clear it up."
Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, when asked by the Boston media about Ben Watson and Vince Wilfork's status
Translation: "You guys aren't new. You're not those cowboys from the Houston papers. You get the usual sarcasm."
8. "They could say that, but I think that's a big crock of you know what. I think it's a matter of how we played. I'm sure if you asked them, it probably sounds good for them to say they have it all figured out, but they're 6-7 and we're 9-4, so go tell me who probably has it more figured out."
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, when asked if he believed that the Dolphins had figured out their line calls last week
Translation: "Yeah, we were playing against Sherlock Holmes, Columbo, and Monk last week. Maybe if they spent more time focusing on playing better and not cracking the 'Da Belichick Code' they'd have a much better record."
7. "Look, I'm just trying to coach the team, make decisions during the game. Technology, that's not really my thing. I can barely turn the computer on and off."
Patriots head coach Bill Belichick on how teams could get other feeds of the games
Translation: "HD, DLP, I don't know about any of this new fangled stuff. By the way, anybody seen my Bon Jovi 8-tracks?"
6. "No. It doesn't
People say 'why didn't you do this?' or 'why didn't you do that?' but things are done for a reason. People who talk or say things like that, I don't pay attention to anything like that."
Texans defensive end Mario Williams on whether the second guessing about the draft bothers him
Translation: "The next person that says that this team should have taken Vince Young instead of me is going to get a beating."
5. "You're exactly right. It takes time. I feel good about our draft this year. We could have used them all but they'll only let you have one
One football player wasn't going to fix our football team and the direction of our organization. So it was a tough decision but I feel good about it."
Texans head coach Gary Kubiak when asked if it takes years to determine how well a draft worked out
Translation: "Why!? Why!? Why didn't we take Reggie Bush or Vince Young!? Why!?"
4. "See if he's active first before you put him on there."
Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, when asked by a reporter if he could put new tight end O.J. Santiago on his fantasy league team
Translation: "What the hell is a fantasy league?"
3. "I hope that my teammates feel that we have a great opportunity ahead, if we don't squander it away like we've squandered some games away this year."
Patriots quarterback Tom Brady when asked if he felt as if the Patriots were capable of playing consistently and making a push to the playoffs
Translation: "I'm so sick of these guys making me look bad. I've got three Super Bowl rings and two Super Bowl MVP trophies. I'm not supposed to throw for just 78 yards in an entire game."
2. "I have all the respect in the world for Tom and I think he has a real good sense of what this game is about and what our team is about, so whatever he said I would stand by."
Patriots head coach Bill Belichick, when asked about Brady's harsh words for his teammates
Translation: "It's about time someone else called out the players on this team. Do I have to do everything? Tom gets extra credit this week for doing my dirty work."
1. "That's what we've been trying to do since Day 1 of training camp. I think this team has to listen more to what the Coach says. I think if we listen more and we did more of what our coaches told us to do, I think we'd be a lot better off. But at times, I think we figure we can do it our way, and we show there is quite a bit of inconsistency to that. We just have to keep trying to find a way."
- Patriots quarterback Tom Brady
Translation: "Must listen to Coach you are getting very sleepy listen to what Coach says when you wake up you will play better and we will win games must listen to Coach "
A win this week combined with a Jets loss gives the Patriots their fourth straight AFC East title in a row. But if the New England struggles against another inferior opponent, not even a win will give players and fans the confidence that this team can go deep into the playoffs. With only three weeks remaining in the regular season, every game takes on added importance for the Patriots. If another Super Bowl run is possible, the turnaround must begin this week.
Darren is a regular contributor to Patriots Insider. You can find him in the forums under the name: DestinationSuperBowl. You can also find archives of his columns on the Insiders by searching for "Darren Kelly"