One week later, the big win in Dallas is still the talk of the town. But the winless Dolphins are also in the conversation.
After trailing in the 2nd half for the first time all season, the Patriots ran away from the formerly undefeated Cowboys last week 48-27.
Last week's game certainly lived up to the hype, and the Patriots' performance has been analyzed, dissected, and critiqued all week. With two weeks to go before the next Big Game (at Indianapolis), everyone wants to know if the Patriots can keep up their torrid pace, and keep the hope for an undefeated season alive.
After breaking down the film of the Cowboys' game, the Patriots turned their attention to this week's opponent: 0-6 Miami.
Here are the top 10 quotes of the week, heading into Week 7, Patriots-Dolphins:
10. "They're a good team, but I wouldn't say they're the best. There's no lack of confidence in this locker room. I definitely think we'll see them down the road."
~ Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo
Translation: "Hey, if we make the Super Bowl, we'll probably play them again. If not, we won't play them for four years. They won't remember I said they weren't the best, right?"
9. "We can learn from a lot of things that happened in that game yesterday. It will make us a better football team going forward."
~ Patriots head coach Bill Belichick
Translation: "We're really not as good as you say we are. We should have had 60 points. We can't tackle, we can't stop anyone, the quarterback's so-so. Hey, is anyone buying this? Where's my humble pie T-shirt?"
8. "No, I haven't."
~ Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, on whether or not he's seen his picture on the cover of the latest issue of Sports Illustrated
Translation: "Of course I've seen it. It's already framed and hanging in my living room with the other 10 issues I was on the cover of. Well, 9½ of them. I was on the cover once with Peyton Manning. I cut him out of that one."
7. "They just killed us on third down the whole game. We tried about everything we could do, almost every coverage and blitz. They seem to have an answer for everything, and that's certainly the quarterback."
~ Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips
Translation: "What the hell was I thinking? 'Stop the run and make Brady beat us.' Yeah, that was a good idea."
6. "Yeah. He got his answer."
~ Patriots quarterback Tom Brady, when asked if he'd heard that Cowboys head coach Wade Phillips had said that their game plan was to stop the run and see if Brady could beat them through the air
Translation: [Hysterical, maniacal laughter]
Translation: "I don't want to talk about him. [Sniff]. I'm better than he is! Why can't I be on the Patriots? [Sobbing]. It's not fair! I've got 25 million reasons to be alive. But I want to win! [Bawling]."
4. "We're playing Miami. The last time we went down there, we got shut out. So I hope we can do better than that this time. It will be a big challenge for us. I don't think we'll have any problem getting ready for that .I hope we can play better than we played down there last year."
~ Patriots head coach Bill Belichick
Translation: "I hope this winless team doesn't think they're derailing our perfect season."
3. "The most pleasing thing is just our approach. I think our guys and our preparation is still good. Our guys still believe we can improve, and our focus has been on improvement."
~ Dolphins head coach Cam Cameron
Translation: "Man, I hope we can win one game this year. Just one. That's all I'm asking for. Maybe we can scrimmage one of those British football teams next week. We could probably win that one. I hope."
2. "You definitely look back and say how did it happen so fast. It doesn't really get old. Losing gets old."
~ Dolphins defensive end Jason Taylor when asked about his consecutive games played streak and how fast his career has flown by
Translation: "0-6. We're [expletive] 0-6. Oh yeah, it's so much fun playing in every game when we're [expletive] losing every [expletive] game."
1. "One thing that I thought was great [last week] was the way that Kevin Faulk stepped in there and played against the regular defense, running a bunch of runs that he probably hasn't run in a few years since Corey [Dillon] got here. We're going to need more of that." [Boston Globe]
~ Patriots quarterback Tom Brady
Translation: "I'm not going to say that I'm happy our running backs are hurt. But I really don't mind slinging the ball all over the field."
With running back Sammy Morris sidelined for what could be a month and starter Laurence Maroney a game time decision, Tom Brady might be forced to pass -- a lot -- again. He hasn't minded so far this season (a league-best 1,771 yards, 21 touchdowns, and 128.9 passer rating). But he'll have to do it in his own personal house of horrors this week: Dolphins Stadium. If he can -- and the Patriots keep winning -- the undefeated talk will increase with each passing week.
Darren is a regular contributor to Patriots Insider. You can find him in the forums under the name: DestinationSuperBowl. You can also find archives of his columns on the Insiders by searching for "Darren Kelly"
Over/ Under: Pats vs Dolphins