1) Ben Watson - Watson made an amazing catch on the sideline to extend a crucial Patriots drive. Ever since the Buffalo game Watson has shown he can be the tight end the Patriots hoped for.
2) Patriots Defense - Solid outing putting pressure on the Ravens while controlling the Ravens ground game fromosat of the contest. One major breakdown on the Ray Rice run allowing the Ravens to keep it close. Overall, solid outing by front 7 and the DBs.
3) Sammy Morris - Morris was bigger than big for New England. Morris made a fourth down conversion, a Touchdown run, and countless contributions when called upon. Morris finished with 6 carries for 21 yards, a TD and 5 receptions for 35 yards.
Wes Welker - Crucial catches for first downs. Took the pressure off Brady on the blitz. Finished with 6 receptions fro 48 yards.
Darius Butler - the stats will show 2 passes defensed, but he saved two touchdown passes with solid coverage knocking the ball away from Ravens receivers.
Leigh Bodden - Bodden made an incredible interception of Joe Flacco to end a Ravens drive in the first half. He caught be ball and managed to toe-tap both feet inbounds on a play that the official review upheld. It was New England's fist INT of the year.
The NFL: Very classy move to clothe the players in pink to raise breast cancer awareness. Very slick gloves, cleats and ribbons. Well done NFL, well done..
1) Matt Light - Not really deserving a goat, but Light struggled. He got beat for a Brady sack, which resulted in a fumble and recovery for a TD getting the Ravens back in the game. Then called for a hold on a 29-yard pass to Laurence Maroney.
2) Mark Clayton -- The Ravens wide receiver blew a key fourth quarter reception that could have extended the Raven's drive. Despite this being a Patriots-centric list, Clayton's gaffe was big enough to detract from the epic finale of the game.
3) 4th Q Coaching Decision - The Patriots tried to run the clock out by running twice in the 4th quarter. Had they run it three times, they could have forced the Ravens to think about using their last time out. If they wanted to go for the
The Crowd -- Why boo Laurence Maroney? A bit uncalled for, he tries, but he can't succeed.
Maroney - truth be told, he had a substandard day. He ran hard, but finished with just 6 yards on 7 carries and 1 reception for 17 yards. His big play was negated by Goat #1. His production is below expectations of a 1st round pick.
Have some of your own? Send them in here: Game Balls and Goats
Get Patriots Insider updates on Twitter Follow @PatriotsInsider
Want to find out what other Patriots fans think? Join them on the Message Boards
Ravens News -- Forums
Patriots News -- Forums
Hot Topic: Game Balls and Goats