The Patriots dismantled the Tennessee Titans on Sunday 59-0 setting NFL Records along the way.
Each week we hand out game balls (good things) and goats (not good things) to players, coaches, and just about anything else that deserves to be awards. Fans are encouraged to share their own (see link below)
Here's the list for Week 6
1) Tom Brady - anytime you set a new NFL Record you get not only our game ball, but typically league honors. Brady complete 29 of 34 attempts (85.3%) for 380 yards 6 TDs and no interceptions. His 152.8 passer rating was shy of the perfect 158.3 because he often checked down when receivers were covered deep. Brady's 5 TDs in the second quarter set a new NFL record, and his 6 TDs on the day tied a career best. He also set Team records for Most passing yards in a half (345), Most passing touchdowns in a half (5).
2) Patriots Scoring Defense - Pitching a shutout was something the Patriots have done just seven times in the Bill Belichick era. The last time New England shut a team out was against Buffalo 13-0 last season. Forcing the Titans to a -7 passing total on the day was huge, even though the weather was a big factor.
3) Moss / Welker - Moss caught 8 passes for 129 yards and 3 TDs while Welker added 10 catches for 150 yards and 2 TDs. The pair represented nearly 75% of Brady's passing yardage on the day.
Laurence Maroney - 16 carries for 123 yards and a TD. Maroney was decisive in hitting the hole, kept his balance in the snow and showed his speed when he got to the open field.
Junior Seau - His first game back, Seau netter a pair of tackles and a fumble recovery.
Titans RB Chris Johnson - the only bright spot for Tennessee 128 yards on 17 carries
1) Kerry Collins - He completed an abysmal 2 of 12 attempts for -7 yards, an interception and two fumbles. His 4.9 rating is as embarrassing as the final score.
2) Titans Secondary - Giving up pass plays in the snow was unavoidable, but giving up 5 TDs in one quarter and 59 points overall is disgusting. How far the 2008 team has fallen.
3) Run Defense - Chris Johnson still manages to gain over 100 yards recording 128 on 17 carries. He broke through the Patriots front seven and got free in the secondary. Javon Ringer added another 47 on 7 carries. That's pretty bad run defense.
Ugly Official Uniforms - the throwbacks look good on the Patriots, even the Oilers looked ok. But those candy cane official outfits are rather homely. Thankfully they're not here to stay.
Brandon Meriweather - missed tackles again at the point of attack on the run. Meriweather can bring the lumber when delivering a hit, but he only needs to make sure tackles sometimes to have the same impact.
Joey Galloway and Adalius Thomas - both players were healthy scratches. There's no need to pile on, but both players were paid good money to be every down contributors and neither were in uniform Sunday.
Fans can Submit their own Game Balls & Goats Week 6
Get Patriots Insider updates on Twitter Follow @PatriotsInsider
Want to find out what other Patriots fans think? Join them on the Message Boards
Titans News -- Forums
Patriots News -- Forums
Hot Topic: Game Balls & Goats Week 6