Patriots - Giants: Game Balls & Goats
The New York Giants turned the New England Patriots away from a final chance to tie the game in the preseason finale Thursday night at the Meadowlands. New York came from behind to win 20-17
1) WR Darnell Jenkins – Who? You ask. He's the guy who ripped off a 66-yard TD on a bubble screen after back-to-back plays. Breaking tackles and making people miss while turning on the speed. Jenkins was targeted 6 times, caught 5 for 93 and the TD.
2) Wes Welker – Again, each week Welker is able to get out there after that knee injury he suffered, simply amazes us. Another game ball to the Welker Wonderkid.
3) RB Thomas Clayton – a 55-yard kickoff return got the Patriots offense going just when they needed it after falling behind 6-0. Clayton ran hard, trying to make plays, though the blocking wasn't always there for him. Finished with 26 yards in 7 carries (3.7 avg.)
Rob Gronkowski – the rookie TE had yet another TD in the preseason giving him 4 over the preseason tied for league best.
Stephen Gostkowski – A strong leg limited the Giants by forcing a pair of touchbacks and one return for just 15 yards and another for 30. His FG off the upright was lucky, but still good.
Giants Goal Line Defense – Nice stand by New York. Especially good tackles by Kehl and Goff.
1) Patriots Secondary – The Patriots secondary still has some work to do allowing Eli Manning to shred the defense by completing 7 of 9 passes for 91 yards and a TD to finish with a near-perfect 145.8 QB rating.
2) Run Defense – 160 yards in 32 attempts (5.0 avg.) is all you need to know.
3) Goal Line Blocking – four tried from inside the 10 and the Patriots can't get into the endzone? IT was 1st and goal from the 3, when the Patriots ran the ball 4 times (3 T. Clayton, 1 BJGE).
Zac Robinson – It was not a good night for the rookie. Has struggled all preseason.
Buddy Farnham – The rookie took bad angle on the long Giant's TD. Then he had the fumble. Farnham did have some nice hits as a free safety, and a decent 35-yard kickoff return.
Have some of your own? Share them, or read what others have said HERE
Patriots Insider Top Stories
LOCKED ON PATRIOTS- 11/30/16Chris Simoneau breaks down the All-22 from the Patriots/Jets game this past Sunday in New Jersey.
Rob Gronkowski To Have Back SurgeryThe Patriots initially thought Rob Gronkowski's back injury wasn't bad, but it has turned out to be the opposite, and Gronkowski will require surgery that will cost him 6-8 weeks.
Week 12 Live Blog: Patriots vs. JetsStay with us as we provide live updates from the Patriots/Jets game today.
LOCKED ON PATRIOTS- 12/7/16Chris Simoneau breaks down the All-22 coaches film, and he finds a few standouts that didn't get credit in the Studs and Duds breakdown on Monday.
Patriots Insider6:43 AM