Brian Calhoun, tailback – Took part in most events, and improved dramatically from his performance at the NFL Scouting Combine… Wednesday results included: a 4.38-second 40-yard dash, 38-inch vertical jump, 6.78-second 3-cone drill and a 4.0-second 20-yard shuttle… weighed in at 204 pounds… Took part in pass-catching drills and caught mock punts and acquitted himself well.
Owen Daniels, tight end – Did not take part in running, jumping or lifting tests after performing well at the combine, but ran routes and caught passes for the scouts. Looked better than he did during his senior season, when he was hampered by injury.
Kory Lothe, defensive end, Eastern Illinois – Sun Prairie, Wis., native did very well, with the third-highest bench press total (22 reps) and the third-best vertical jump (38.5 inches). Weighing in at 268 pounds, Lothe also ran the 40 in 4.68 seconds, broad jumped 10-3, vertical jumped 38 ½ inches, and completed the 20-yard shuttle in 4.29 seconds.
Jonathan Orr, wide receiver – Ran the fastest 40-yard dash time Wednesday, covering the distance in a mere 4.25 seconds. Also tied for the best vertical jump at 39 inches.
Jason Palermo, guard/center – Did 18 reps on the bench press and had a 29-inch vertical jump.
Jason Pociask, tight end – 36-inch vertical jump, 4.73-second 40-yard dash, 4.24-second 20-yard shuttle, 12-second 60-yard shuttle, 36-inch vertical jump…weighed in at 264 pounds… Started slow in the pass receiving drills, but toward the end was doing as well as any receiver, running back or tight end in attendance…. He has individual workouts scheduled with the New England Patriots for March 14 and with the Dallas Cowboys for March 20. Will also set one up with the Atlanta Falcons.
Donovan Raiola, center – 25 reps on the bench press. Did not take part in running or jumping tests, but did participate in positional drill work.
Levonne Rowan, cornerback – Pulled his hamstring while running a 4.28 40-yard dash and did not participate in the rest of the drills.
Dontez Sanders, linebacker – 33 ½ inch vertical jump… six reps on the bench press.
LaMarr Watkins, linebacker – Had a 30 ½ inch vertical jump and did 16 reps on the bench press.
Brandon White, wide receiver – Took part in every drill… 14 reps on the bench press, 35-inch vertical jump.
Brandon Williams, wide receiver – Ran well, as he did at the NFL Combine. Williams ran a 4.4 40-yard dash Wednesday and had a 39-inch vertical jump.
- Former University of Wisconsin offensive line coach Jim Hueber, now with the Minnesota Vikings, attended pro day, and ran the positional drill for his former pupils, Raiola and Palermo.
- Also in attendance was Jeff Horton. Like Hueber, Horton was a long-time member of the Badger coaching staff under former head coach Barry Alvarez. Formerly UW's quarterbacks coach, Horton is now a special assistant for the offense with the St. Louis Rams.
- Other NFL teams that were represented included the Cleveland Browns, Green Bay Packers, Arizona Cardinals, New Orleans Saints, Atlanta Falcons, Cincinnati Bengals, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions and Baltimore Ravens.
- Two representatives from the Cardinals spent about 10 minutes talking to Brian Calhoun after his workout was complete.
- Notable absences among UW's 2005 senior class included guard Matt Lawrence and cornerback Brett Bell.