Green, Oakland's right tackle, pulled off a double block on San Francisco linebacker Patrick Willis and defensive lineman Isaac Sopoaga to spring running back Michael Bush for a big gain during a team scrimmage. Green also made two good plays to stop the 49ers blitz, giving quarterback JaMarcus Russell some extra time to get rid of the ball.
Earlier in the team drill, Harris _ who got off to a rough start in camp but has shown steady, albeit slow, progress ever since _ dominated San Francisco defensive lineman Ray McDonald and put him on his backside.
Those are encouraging signs for an offensive line that had its problems holding up in pass protection in 2007.
"It's nice to be able to break the monotony because, you know when you're practicing, you get to learn one another's tendencies, you start to learn one another's habits a little bit," Harris said earlier in the day. "So being able to see a different look, a different defensive lineman is good for you."
Backups Chris Morris and Seth Wand also got into the act, combining to seal off San Francisco's defense to open the door for running back Justin Fargas who broke through the 49ers defense for a huge gain.
The Raiders offense overall looked much better than it did in the morning practice, although the defense appeared to take a step backward.
"I talked to (defensive coordinator Rob Ryan) and he said the defense didn't bring it," Oakland head coach Lane Kiffin said. "I think we lived off what we did this morning."
The two teams practiced for 95 minutes in the cool evening air before calling it quits for the day. The Raiders resume practicing alone Tuesday when they will hold a 3 p.m. workout.
Other news and notes from the night practice:
· Running back Darren McFadden wasn't able to break loose for any long runs but he smoked past San Francisco linebacker Patrick Willis after coming out of the backfield and hauling in a long throw from JaMarcus Russell.
· Linebacker Robert Thomas had an interception for Oakland but the best pick of the night goes to defensive lineman Gerard Warren, who grabbed a deflected pass from San Francisco quarterback Alex Smith to kill a 49ers drive in the red zone.
· JaMarcus Russell continues to improve on running the play-fake, something he did very little of in college while working mostly out of the shotgun at LSU. He sold it perfectly during one play, faking the handoff to Michael Bush which the 49ers bit on, then fired a long completion down the middle of the field to tight end Zach Miller.
Russell later threw a short touchdown pass to wide receiver Chris McFoy, getting a big block in the backfield from Adimchinobi Echemandu.
· Left guard Robert Gallery was called for a false start during the evening team drill, moments after Justin Smith abused him in a one-on-one blocking drill.
· Kicker Sebastian Janikowski ended a pair of drives with field goals, converting from 49 and 40 yards out. His kick from 49 yards split the uprights and cleared the crossbar by 10 yards.
· Rookie Trevor Scott had his best practice, recording what would have been three sacks if the drills were live. He also forced San Francisco's La Juan Ramsey to false start.
· Cornerback DeAngelo Hall gave up two long completions for touchdowns, both to San Francisco's Jason Hill.
· Rookie safety Tyvon Branch absolutely leveled 49ers receiver Cam Colvin on a play near the goal line.
· Wide receiver Javon Walker was held out of the night practice, as was backup quarterback Andrew Walter who, according to Kiffin, has a "tired arm." Terdell Sands (knee), Derrick Burgess (stomach), Tommy Kelly (one practice a day), Grant Irons (hamstring) and Greg Wesley (back) were also held out.
Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha did not take part in either practice after waking up sick.
"He started vomiting at 4 a.m. and didn't stop till 4 p.m.," Kiffin said.
O-line picks it up against 49ers
SB Report Top Stories
Raiders cut ties with Marcel ReeceThe Oakland Raiders cut ties with fullback Marcel Reece
SB ReportMonday at 2:40 PM
Rookie Karl Joseph provides defensive sparkOakland Raiders rookie safety Karl Joseph made his defensive debut Sunday
SB ReportSunday at 2:15 PM
Raiders improve to 2-1 with road winRaiders improve to 2-1 behind 17-10 victory
SB ReportSunday at 12:19 PM
Janikowski adds to impressive resumeKicker Sebastian Janikowski now holds another NFL record
SB ReportSunday at 11:02 AM