As the headline says, the Washington Redskins released their initial 2015 depth chart Sunday. Here's said depth chart with some quick thoughts:
FB Darrel Young Jordan Campbell
* Kirk Cousins is the No. 2 quarterback behind Robert Griffin III.
* The Scherff-Moses starting combination on the right side of the offensive line is official official.
* Paul has been running with the first unit. For now I'm continuing to assume this holds until the coaches and trainers believe Reed is at or near 100%. Though Paul added bulk tho offseason to handle blockers, he's not in Reed's class as a receiver.
* Compton isn't even one of the top four tackles. No way Washington carries more than that entering the season barring the unforeseen, so he has work to do.
* Jay Gruden last week singled out Thompson's play and potential as the third down back. This depth chart backs up those thoughts. Redd and Williams might be battling for one spot.
* No surprises with the starting unit. Ihenacho remains ahead of the injured Johnson in what's really the only true battle.
* Galette showing up with the third team is jarring, but ultimately not that meaningful. Obviously he's in catch up mode with the playbook and physically. That said, Murphy could end up starting if Joe Barry wants a run stuffer at OLB on first down.
* Spaight looks like the fifth ILB for now.
* Andre Roberts is the primary kick and punt returner followed by Jamison Crowder. If the Redskins decide Crowder must be on the field in some capacity, this could be it. If so, this could also change things at receiver. Chris Thompson is the third string kick returner with Rashad Ross third in line on punt returns.