We knew many of the Washington Redskins starters and key reserves would sit out the preseason finale against the Jacksonville Jaguars. The official list is extensive, 28 deep.
- Rookie RB Matt Jones sat out practice this week for rest, coach Jay Gruden said this week. The power-packed runner missed time during training camp with a right knee injury. Chris Thompson and Trey Williams are the primary RB options.
- Evan Spencer (concussion) remains sidelined. The sixth-round pick is thought to be battling Rashad Ross for the sixth and final WR spot. Another rookie, Jamison Crowder is not expected to play.
- Kirk Cousins is active, but is only the emergency option behind starter Colt McCoy.
- Notable actives expected to play include CB DeAngelo Hall, OLB Trent Murphy, WR Andre Roberts, OLB Preston Smith
- In case you missed it, my latest 53-man projected final roster