The game ends and the true grading begins. ProFootballFocus.com released their analysis following the Washington Redskins' 23-20 win over the Philadelphia Eagles. We start with notes on the offense, plus some of my own thoughts heading into the Week 5 matchup against the 4-0 Atlanta Falcons.
* Let's start with the quarterback. According to PFF, Kirk Cousins was under pressure on 20 of 47 dropbacks. His PFF rating on those plays actually better than the 27 in which he didn't face pressure.
* The long ball hasn't been a primary weapon with DeSean Jackson out of the lineup. Cousins attempted seven passes that went at least 20 yards in the air, and completed two of them for 65 yards, including a season-high 43-yard play to Rashad Ross.
[Praise for Jay Gruden's play calling? Praise or Jay Gruden's play calling plus what else we know for sure about the Redskins.]
* PFF didn't love the overall offensive line play with center Kory Lichtensteiger receiving "by far the worst grade on offense (-10.7). That ranked dead last among 34 centers in Week 4.
* Left tackle Trent Williams was the only OL to receive a positive grade despite allowing three hurries. He has yet to allow his man to put Cousins on the ground via sack or a hit this season.
* Alfred Morris picked up key yards on the final drive, but didn't exactly flourish overall. According to PFF, Morris did not force any missed tackles on 17 carries. Meanwhile Matt Jones forced one on seven carries and the elusive Chris Thompson forced three on six carries. Speaking of Thompson...
- Speaking of the Redskins running game, here's some BB research. There is a chance for all to get healthy this week, but be careful with the numbers. Atlanta ranks last against fantasy RBs this season, allowing 26.3 points per game. Of course, most of that damage came frrom the Cowboys scoring four touchdowns in Week 3. The Falcons haven't allowed more than 74 yards in any of their three games, but they did surrender three touchdowns. By the way, Devonta Freeman owners should know their new favorite player faces a Redskins defense allowing the fewest points to fantasy runners this season. Still start Freeman, just letting you know he might not actually score 17 touchdowns this week.
[World's best game preview: Redskins-Falcons]
To get instant Redskins notifications, download the NEW Scout mobile app for iOS HERE!
Be sure to check out the ever-growing benefit package of being a Breaking Burgundy Insider! Check it out HERE.