Day 1 of the NFL Draft is in the books and we're hours away from finding out what the Redskins in rounds two and three. Washington owns one selection in each. I did a full two-round mock pre-draft and since things turned out nicely with that, might as well cobble together a new version for the second round.
* Paul Conner went through scenarios for the Redskins in round 2 and 3.
32) Cleveland -- Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State. RG3 and Josh McCown take snaps in 2016, but beyond that...
33) Tennessee -- Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson. Defensive secondary needs help.
34) Dallas -- Kevin Dodd, DE, Clemson. The Cowboys desperately need pass rushers
35) San Diego -- Jason Spriggs, OT, Indiana. After getting defensive line help in round one, the Bolts add a needed protector for Philip Rivers.
36) Baltimore -- Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama. Value pick and helps fortify the defensive front. Ozzie Newsome lacks his Alabama guys.
37) Kansas City -- Michael Thomas, WR, Ohio State. The Chiefs need a receiver to help Jeremy Maclin.
38) Jacksonville -- Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA. The slide ends with the team many thought would take the athletic freak in round one.
39) Tampa Bay -- A'Shawn Robinson, DL, Alabama. Not the biggest need or the Bucs, but now they have massive pairing with Gerald McCoy.
40) NY Giants -- Noah Spence, OLB, Eastern Kentucky. Here comes the pass rusher many thought the GMen would take at 10.
41) Chicago - Vonn Bell, S, Ohio State. Another Buckeye goes early in the draft
42) Miami -- Emmanuel Ogbah, OLB, Oklahoma State. Playmakers needed of the edge in South Beach.
43) Tennessee -- Kamalei Correa, OLB, Boise State. Teams never complain about adding pass rushers.
44) Oakland -- Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama. Raiders gets much nastier with the hard-hitting pair of Ragland and first round safety Karl Joseph
45) Tennessee -- Sterling Shepard, WR, Oklahoma. More help for QB Marcus Mariota after selecting a left tackle in round one.
46) Detroit -- Andrew Billings, DT, Baylor. The Lions never really replaced Ndamukong Suh in the middle of their defensive line.
47) New Orleans -- Christian Hackenberg, QB, Penn State. Drew Brees is on the back-end of his career and coach Sean Payton wants a long-term plan.
48) Indianapolis -- Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech. Andrew Luck protection in round one, check. Now the secondary gets a boost.
49) Buffalo -- Chris Jones, DT, Mississippi State. Rex Ryan just get believe all the new toys he gets for his defense.
50) Atlanta -- Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas. Nothing at tight end for the Falcons since Tony Gonzalez retired.
51) NY Jets -- Cody Whitehair, G, Kansas State. Still not sure what the J-E-T-S are doing at QB, but at least that passer will have more protection.
52) Houston -- Jihad Ward, DE, Illinois. Texans add a versatile lineman capable of taking pressure off J.J. Watt.
53) Washington -- Jonathan Bullard, DE, Florida. Get an end, a nose tackle (Austin Johnson?) help or take Notre Dame center Nick Martin after eyeing Ryan Kelly in round 1? Many have noted Bullard's ability to play all over the line makes him a Scot McCloughan type of football player.
54) Minnesota -- Deion Jones, LB, LSU. Veteran linebacker Chad Greenway is likely entering his final season.
55) Cincinnati -- Tyler Boyd, WR, Pittsburgh. The Bengals were burned by the WR in round one, but Boyd is legit.
56) Seattle -- Nick Martin, C Notre Dame. Middle of the OL not the same after trading away Max Unger.
57) Green Bay -- Xavien Howard, CB, Baylor. All three defensive sections need help
58) Pittsburgh -- Shilique Calhoun, DE/OLB, Michigan State. The Steel Curtain pass rush lost some bite in recent years.
59) Kansas City -- T.J. Green, S, Clemson. Green serves as Eric Berry's running mate while helping offset loss of CB Sean Smith.
60) New England -- Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama. The Heisman winner couldn't land in a better spot.
61) New England -- Cyrus Jones, CB, Alabama. Bill Belichick is down with taking two of Nick Saban's players.
62) Carolina -- Braxton Miller, WR, Ohio State. Cam Newton needs more playmaking weapons around him.
63) Denver -- Austin Hooper, TE, Ohio State. The Broncos add a QB and TE for the future at the top of their draft.
84) Washington -- Christian Westerman, C/G, Arizona State. If the Redskins shore up center an Spencer Long develops and the other pieces remain...If Westerman is gone, Michigan State's Jack Allen works.
To get instant Redskins notifications, download the NEW Scout mobile app for iOS HERE!
Be sure to check out the ever-growing benefit package of being a Breaking Burgundy Insider! Check it out HERE.