The Washington Redskins will conduct Day 2 of this week's Organized Team Activities Wednesday from Redskins Park. Unlike the first day, the media will be on the scene. State secrets won't be revealed. Roster spots won't be won or lost. However, you never get a second chance to make a first impression and this will be the first time the full roster will be together under the watchful eye of reporters and cameras. Here are 10 things I'm looking forward to seeing:
- How does Kirk Cousins handle himself and how do others talk about the quarterback now that he's set to make $20 million next season. There's also the looming July 15 deadline for the two sides to agree on long-term deal. The QB and organization remain on their (largely positive) talking points about getting a deal done, but any comment that suggests otherwise could change the narrative over the coming weeks.
- We've now seen Josh Doctson wearing his Redskins uniform. Whatever he's wearing Wednesday, we'll now get to see his size/speed/hands combination looks against real cornerbacks.
- So you say edge rusher Junior Galette looks explosive, Ryan Kerrigan? Great, let's see a little so we can start dreaming up ways Washington use those two sackers and Preston Smith. While on this topic, getting a look at all the returning players for any signs of who looks buff and who if anyone looks like they've been chilling on the couch a bit much.
- Is Su'a Cravens a linebacker or safety this week? If a linebacker, does the second round selection remain with the inside backers? Either way, what's the extremely quotable rookie saying???
- Is the overall vibe feel like a hungry team not satisfied with a playoff appearance (and first round exit) or a team that spent all season eating up all the pats on the back for winning the NFC East. It's doubtful there is any true conclusion here and any hint would surely be pure anecdotal. Still.
- Who is this week's Lloyd Carrington, the undrafted rookie who gained some buzz during the rookie campaign earlier this month after some positive comments from both Jay Gruden and Scot McCloughan.
- Speaking of swagger, Josh Norman sightings and interviews will be must watch, not to mention any opportunity we see the Pro Bowl corner go one-on-one with any Washington's top receivers.
- DeSean Jackson isn't expected at the OTA. Granted, the "O" isn't for optional, but the practice is just that, in theory. That Jackson is taking advantage is fine, but it's also the type of decision could lead McCloughan to pass on giving the speedster an extension when the general manager peppers many of his answers with talk of building a winning culture. That doesn't mean Jackson won't help the Redskins win games or that he's a bad presence when in the building. Just that having one star player with that approach can't lead to two, to three, to...By the way, I have zero issue if Jackson no-shows, but I would if someone publically squawked about his absence seeing as it's "optional."
- Sure Keith Marshall might be just a seventh-round pick, but who doesn't want to see what the fastest player at the NFL Combine can do for a team rather light at running back currently?
- No rain the forecast. No doubt I'll complain about the heat or lack of shade or something, but doing so while dry and under a blue sky after weeks of gray makes all forgiven.
To get instant Redskins notifications, download the NEW Scout mobile app for iOS HERE!
Be sure to check out the ever-growing benefit package of being a Breaking Burgundy Insider! Check it out HERE.null