It's been a year or 20 since I cared about the Pro Bowl game itself, but many still love seeing players from the NFC battle their AFC counterparts. Except that's not been the plan in recent years as the NFL went to a schoolyard pick for the annual game in Hawaii. For next season, it appears the powers that be are returning to the previous model while the game changes locations.
Sure, why not.
While we're here, I'm now thinking about which Redskins are the best bets for a Pro Bowl appearance for their work this season. Tons of factors, including popularity, production, positional depth and simple good fortune, but here goes.
5. Kirk Cousins - Not suggesting Cousins beats out Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson and Cam Newton, but if any of those three suffer an injury this season, it's game on, right? Sure, Drew Brees, Carson Palmer, Eli Manning and Tony Romo have their backers after years of success, but their individual mileage is up there.. Yes, Jameis Winston and Teddy Briddgewater are guys on the come. Based on how he finished last season, so is Cousins, right?
4. Preston Smith - This just smells like a breakout season after eight sacks and four forced fumbles as a rookie.
3. Jordan Reed - Still not sure how he didn't make it last season. Oh, that's right, Pro Bowl voting is nuts (and also Reed had a super strong finish.)
2. Josh Norman - The corner made it last year with Carolina. He'll make it on reputation alone, though after signing a massive contract, hopefully for on-field reasons as well.
1. Trent Williams - It's what he does.
To get instant Redskins notifications, download the NEW Scout mobile app for iOS HERE!
Be sure to check out the ever-growing benefit package of being a Breaking Burgundy Insider! Check it out HERE.