Because you were living life, it's quite possible you missed some or most of the action from the Washington Redskins training camp over the second weekend. Each morning we'll have a recap of the all the news, notes, features, interviews, videos and any other coverage from Breaking Burgundy's team on the ground in Richmond.
First, a reminder: the Redskins will have a morning walkthrough Monday at 10:35 a.m. followed by an afternoon special team's practice at 3 p.m. Check out the full training camp schedule here.
Friday, August 5
* Matt Jones (knee, rest) returned to practice on Friday, while Trent Williams (rest), Jordan Reed (slight sprained thumb), and Jamison Crowder (slight hamstring pull) were among those Redskins taking the day off. Do not be alarmed as Jay Gruden expects all to return on Sunday.
* On the other hand, rookie inside linebacker Steven Daniels, a likely practice squad member this year, will be lost for the season after suffering a torn labrum. The seventh round rookie will have surgery on Monday and revert back to IR if he clears waivers. Of course the latter is not a given as the Colts poached last year's sixth round pick Tevin Mitchel off waivers when his rookie season was also lost to a torn labrum.
* Washington has a lot of exciting games this year, we rank them -- Join the discussion by telling us the three games you are most looking forward to here!
* Celebrity tourists are always fun to spot -- Did you see Kirk Cousins this weekend?
* Coach speak -- The key takeaways from head coach Jay Gruden's daily presser.
Sunday, August 7
* Injury updates and more from Gruden -- Redskins continue to remain cautious with veterans.
* Fantasy Football is just around the corner -- Check out Breaking Burgundy's position-by-position rankings.
* Quote of the weekend
"I think they [the practices] have gone excellent. The biggest thing is we’re trying to just make sure we get our offense and defense and special teams installed so they get it mentally. Obviously we’re going to make sure we start to evaluate our players, so we’re starting to make our decisions on the 53-man roster. It’s not going to be easy, you know? It’s going to be important for us to get these guys ready for Atlanta." -- Jay Gruden on Redskins competitive training camp.
* Camp life
* Tweet of the day:
* Neil's Nugget: It is pretty disturbing that Daniels went from being "banged up a little bit" according to Gruden on Thursday to missing his entire rookie year on Friday. Whether Washington knew or not, it will be viewed as an extreme downplaying of the player's health which already is getting a bad rap with Josh Doctson. The first round wideout was presumably being held out of OTAs and minicamp for precautionary reasons, but now he may not even participate fully in a training camp practice. The Redskins are not truly obligated to clearly disseminate their injuries but it will cause fans to think the worst when Williams, Reed, and Crowder are held out as they were on Friday and partially on Sunday.
Follow Neil on Twitter @NeilDalal96.
To get instant Redskins notifications, download the NEW Scout mobile app for iOS HERE!
Be sure to check out the ever-growing benefit package of being a Breaking Burgundy Insider! Check it out HERE.null