Because you were living life, it's quite possible you missed some or most of the action from the Washington Redskins training camp over the final weekend. Each morning we'll have a recap of the all the news, notes, features, interviews, videos and any other coverage from Breaking Burgundy's team on the ground in Richmond.
First, a reminder: the Redskins have completed their training camp open to the public. Washington will have a closed practice Monday at 8:35 a.m. before heading back to Ashubrn for a Wednesday practice ahead of their second preseason game on Friday.
Preseason Week 1 Observations and Analysis
* Starters small sample size -- Evaluating how the Redskins first team did in a limited number of playing time last Thursday.
* Quick recap of first 2016 game of the year -- Washington's special teams is far from special.
* Are we any closer to determining the third string running back? -- Based on quotes from Jay Gruden and Scot McCloughan, no.
* What we can learn from how much players played -- Washington gets a good look at defensive ends.
Saturday, August 13
* Everything you need to know from Fan Appreciation Day -- Jay Gruden talks penalties, rookies, and of course injuries.
Sunday, August 14
* Redskins not running away from running problems -- The team understands the ground game is important and will not shy away from it due to struggles.
* Do the Washington Redskins have anything in common with the San Antonio Spurs? -- Kirk Cousins wants that to be the case.
* The wait continues for at least one to two more weeks -- Report break that Josh Doctson will remain sidelined for the near future.
* Coach speak -- The key takeaways from head coach Jay Gruden's daily presser.
* Quote of the weekend
"It is, man. These guys come out here in the heat and they really support the team. It’s awesome to watch. It gives them a little extra motivation when they come out here and play in front of the fans. They’ll spend an extra 20 or 25 minutes with them, get some autographs – it’s fun for them – and thank them. We really do appreciate the support. It's fun coming down here to Richmond." -- Jay Gruden on how special Fan Appreciate Day is to the team.
* Camp life
* Tweet of the day:
* Neil's Nugget: Well it's over. Training camp is finally over. During the three week boot camp, Washington has come away relatively unscathed of major injuries to essential talents and battled through 115 degree heat index under the Richmond sun. This team is no where close to a finished product, thankfully there is almost a month to get them to that point, but they have come a long way from a year ago. How injuries, Cousins, and the division shake out will have a big impact on who wins the NFC East, but the Redskins look to be in the driver seat.
Follow Neil on Twitter @NeilDalal96.
To get instant Redskins notifications, download the NEW Scout mobile app for iOS HERE!
Be sure to check out the ever-growing benefit package of being a Breaking Burgundy Insider! Check it out HERE.null