1. How Patrick Ramsey handles the blitz. Not just Ramsey, but the entire offense -- will they pick it up better than in the scrimmage? Chances are they will. When teams blitz in a scrimmage, it's often successful because most teams haven't prepared for such tactics. But I'm curious to see if Ramsey stands in the pocket better than when he was under pressure in the scrimmage and first two preseason games. We'll learn a lot if he stays relaxed.
2. How LaVar Arrington progresses. He's still getting his ''groove'' back as Dale Lindsey says. But it would be nice to see him make a play or two tonight. His presence is definitely felt on the field, much more so than Warrick Holdman.
3. How the punters fare. Andy Groom needs another strong night, giving him three in a row. At that point, he'd be hard to cut. But we also haven't seen him do anything other than kick high and straight.
4. How the rookies fare. Especially H-back Manuel White and linebacker Robert McCune. White hasn't shown a reason why he should be anything other than a practice squad player. McCune is fast and strong, but remains a project. He could make it based on special teams.
5. The competition in the secondary. Particularly between Rufus Brown and Garnell Wilds at corner. Ade Jimoh is too good on special teams to cut. But Brown and Wilds appear locked in a battle for a potential spot. Heck, both might be cut anyway.
Quick Hits: Five Things To Look For
Breaking Burgundy Top Stories
The Potential Flaw In Manusky's PlanThe Redskins need a nose tackle. It sounds like that might come via the NFL Draft. Ben Standig on why that's a risky plan.
Breaking BurgundyTuesday at 12:56 PM
Redskins Depth Chart: Now What?Terrelle Pryor and D.J. Swearinger are in, Ricky Jean Francois and Pierre Garcon are out. More moves on deck.
McShay Talks Redskins, 2017 QuarterbacksThe Kirk Cousins topic became a tangential question for the ESPN NFL Draft analyst, who also revealed his latest mock draft.
Redskins And Cousins Living In The Spin RoomThe latest Kirk Cousins interview reshaped the contract talk with the Redskins. Ha, as if. Neither side is showing their hand publicly. Both have moves to make.