1. How Patrick Ramsey handles the blitz. Not just Ramsey, but the entire offense -- will they pick it up better than in the scrimmage? Chances are they will. When teams blitz in a scrimmage, it's often successful because most teams haven't prepared for such tactics. But I'm curious to see if Ramsey stands in the pocket better than when he was under pressure in the scrimmage and first two preseason games. We'll learn a lot if he stays relaxed.
2. How LaVar Arrington progresses. He's still getting his ''groove'' back as Dale Lindsey says. But it would be nice to see him make a play or two tonight. His presence is definitely felt on the field, much more so than Warrick Holdman.
3. How the punters fare. Andy Groom needs another strong night, giving him three in a row. At that point, he'd be hard to cut. But we also haven't seen him do anything other than kick high and straight.
4. How the rookies fare. Especially H-back Manuel White and linebacker Robert McCune. White hasn't shown a reason why he should be anything other than a practice squad player. McCune is fast and strong, but remains a project. He could make it based on special teams.
5. The competition in the secondary. Particularly between Rufus Brown and Garnell Wilds at corner. Ade Jimoh is too good on special teams to cut. But Brown and Wilds appear locked in a battle for a potential spot. Heck, both might be cut anyway.
Quick Hits: Five Things To Look For
Breaking Burgundy Top Stories
Williams Returns; Redskins Injuries Run DeepBusy day at Redskins Park headlined by the return of Washington Pro Bowl tackle and a lengthy injury report.
Breaking BurgundyWednesday at 11:27 AM
Upon Further Review: The Manny Benton ShowThe Manny Benton Show gives a second-look review of the Redskins loss to the Arizona Cardinals.
Breaking BurgundyTuesday at 10:01 PM
The Redskins' Lucky Number Is 7This isn't about Joe Theismann, but the Redskins aiming for a second straight playoff birth.
Breaking BurgundyMonday at 10:47 PM
Snap Judgments: Redskins-CardinalsWashington has a new lead dog at safety, at least for one week.
Breaking BurgundyMonday at 7:12 AM
Morning Manny: Silverback Returns. Now what?With Trent Williams back in the fold, Manny Benton wonders if the Redskins missed his presence.
Breaking BurgundySunday at 6:57 PM