1. How Patrick Ramsey handles the blitz. Not just Ramsey, but the entire offense -- will they pick it up better than in the scrimmage? Chances are they will. When teams blitz in a scrimmage, it's often successful because most teams haven't prepared for such tactics. But I'm curious to see if Ramsey stands in the pocket better than when he was under pressure in the scrimmage and first two preseason games. We'll learn a lot if he stays relaxed.
2. How LaVar Arrington progresses. He's still getting his ''groove'' back as Dale Lindsey says. But it would be nice to see him make a play or two tonight. His presence is definitely felt on the field, much more so than Warrick Holdman.
3. How the punters fare. Andy Groom needs another strong night, giving him three in a row. At that point, he'd be hard to cut. But we also haven't seen him do anything other than kick high and straight.
4. How the rookies fare. Especially H-back Manuel White and linebacker Robert McCune. White hasn't shown a reason why he should be anything other than a practice squad player. McCune is fast and strong, but remains a project. He could make it based on special teams.
5. The competition in the secondary. Particularly between Rufus Brown and Garnell Wilds at corner. Ade Jimoh is too good on special teams to cut. But Brown and Wilds appear locked in a battle for a potential spot. Heck, both might be cut anyway.
Quick Hits: Five Things To Look For
Breaking Burgundy Top Stories
Redskins Report Card: Kirk CousinsWe're talking so much about Kirk Cousins' future, but Breaking Burgundy's player evaluation series begins takes a look at his recent past.
Breaking BurgundyTuesday at 10:25 PM
3-point Play: Wizards After Muhammad?The latest NBA trading deadline analysis from Ben Standig includes various league takes on one rumored target and the loss of another.
Breaking BurgundyTuesday at 8:19 PM
3-point Play: Wizards Trade Deadline EditionBen Standig offers some pre-trade deadline thoughts including perhaps the one player the Wizards should fear.
Breaking BurgundyMonday at 10:52 PM
Overreaction Theater: Garcon Reveals Exit?The latest on upcoming free agent Pierre Garcon includes some actual updates and some mockery after a social media post takes off.
Breaking BurgundyMonday at 9:08 AM
1-on1: Why Wizards' Gortat Stands With MorrisAn exclusive interview with Marcin Gortat about his wingman. "Right now he's playing his ass off. Thanks to the Phoenix organization. This guy is taking us to the playoffs."