1) The Redskins have a huge hole at Offensive Guard. This hole was created when the Buffalo Bills over paid Derrick Dockery to the tune of seven years and 49 million dollars. Had the Redskins done that, the hate towards them from the media would STILL be coming. Of course, that's neither here nor there at this point.
2) The Redskins current starting QB, Jason Campbell, played with Ben Grubbs in college. Do not underestimate the importance of a QB being familiar with his Offensive Line.
3) The Redskins have been rumored to be in trade down talks with several teams. This evidence supports the theory because you obviously do not take an Offensive Guard at the 6th overall pick unless you are nuts.
4) We are pretty sure some of the Redskins brass was in attendance at Auburn's Pro Day, where Grubbs was impressive. Were they there for a reason? One would hope so.
5) We have confirmed from several sources, including Grubbs himself, that he has a visit scheduled with the Redskins in the coming weeks.
So, while we can't say for sure what the Redskins will do, this theory has a fair amount of evidence supporting it.
But as always with the NFL, time will tell.....
Skins to Trade Down, Draft Ben Grubbs?
Breaking Burgundy Top Stories
Three Reasons Redskins Can Beat the CardinalsEven without Trent Williams and likely Jordan Reed, even with another road game, there are reasons to think the Redskins win Sunday in Arizona. We offer three.
Breaking Burgundy6:29 AM
Redskins-Cardinals preview: Preying timeWashington has to avoid making Arizona look like the Super Bowl contenders many pegged them to be before the season.
Breaking Burgundy6:05 AM
Schefter: Cousins Has The Contract LeverageThe decision on whether Kirk Cousins signs a long-term deal is a two-way street, but one side has more control and it's not the group in Ashburn.
Breaking Burgundy5:25 AM
Don't Count On Reed For Redskins-CardinalsThe tight end's status headlines the latest Redskins injury report.
Breaking BurgundyYesterday at 1:29 PM