1) The Redskins have a huge hole at Offensive Guard. This hole was created when the Buffalo Bills over paid Derrick Dockery to the tune of seven years and 49 million dollars. Had the Redskins done that, the hate towards them from the media would STILL be coming. Of course, that's neither here nor there at this point.
2) The Redskins current starting QB, Jason Campbell, played with Ben Grubbs in college. Do not underestimate the importance of a QB being familiar with his Offensive Line.
3) The Redskins have been rumored to be in trade down talks with several teams. This evidence supports the theory because you obviously do not take an Offensive Guard at the 6th overall pick unless you are nuts.
4) We are pretty sure some of the Redskins brass was in attendance at Auburn's Pro Day, where Grubbs was impressive. Were they there for a reason? One would hope so.
5) We have confirmed from several sources, including Grubbs himself, that he has a visit scheduled with the Redskins in the coming weeks.
So, while we can't say for sure what the Redskins will do, this theory has a fair amount of evidence supporting it.
But as always with the NFL, time will tell.....
Skins to Trade Down, Draft Ben Grubbs?
Breaking Burgundy Top Stories
Quick Move: Redskins Add Veteran ReceiverFormer Rams second-round pick Brian Quick is the newest receiver for the Redskins.
Breaking BurgundyFriday at 7:35 AM
The Potential Flaw In Manusky's PlanThe Redskins need a nose tackle. It sounds like that might come via the NFL Draft. Ben Standig on why that's a risky plan.
Redskins Depth Chart: Now What?Terrelle Pryor and D.J. Swearinger are in, Ricky Jean Francois and Pierre Garcon are out. More moves on deck.
McShay Talks Redskins, 2017 QuarterbacksThe Kirk Cousins topic became a tangential question for the ESPN NFL Draft analyst, who also revealed his latest mock draft.
Redskins And Cousins Living In The Spin RoomThe latest Kirk Cousins interview reshaped the contract talk with the Redskins. Ha, as if. Neither side is showing their hand publicly. Both have moves to make.