1) The Redskins have a huge hole at Offensive Guard. This hole was created when the Buffalo Bills over paid Derrick Dockery to the tune of seven years and 49 million dollars. Had the Redskins done that, the hate towards them from the media would STILL be coming. Of course, that's neither here nor there at this point.
2) The Redskins current starting QB, Jason Campbell, played with Ben Grubbs in college. Do not underestimate the importance of a QB being familiar with his Offensive Line.
3) The Redskins have been rumored to be in trade down talks with several teams. This evidence supports the theory because you obviously do not take an Offensive Guard at the 6th overall pick unless you are nuts.
4) We are pretty sure some of the Redskins brass was in attendance at Auburn's Pro Day, where Grubbs was impressive. Were they there for a reason? One would hope so.
5) We have confirmed from several sources, including Grubbs himself, that he has a visit scheduled with the Redskins in the coming weeks.
So, while we can't say for sure what the Redskins will do, this theory has a fair amount of evidence supporting it.
But as always with the NFL, time will tell.....
Skins to Trade Down, Draft Ben Grubbs?
Breaking Burgundy Top Stories
Overreaction Theater: Garcon Reveals Exit?The latest on upcoming free agent Pierre Garcon includes some actual updates and some mockery after a social media post takes off.
Breaking BurgundyYesterday at 9:08 AM
1-on1: Why Wizards' Gortat Stands With MorrisAn exclusive interview with Marcin Gortat about his wingman. "Right now he's playing his ass off. Thanks to the Phoenix organization. This guy is taking us to the playoffs."
Breaking BurgundyThursday at 3:51 PM
Should the Redskins Re-Sign Chris Baker?The Redskins already need more defensive linemen so does it make sense to let their option leave in free agency?
Breaking BurgundyWednesday at 3:53 PM
Hey, Redskins: Sign Cousins Or Say GoodbyeAnother franchise tag for Kirk Cousins is a waste of time for a team not ready to compete for a Super Bowl now, says Ben Standig.
Breaking BurgundyWednesday at 1:35 PM