1) The Redskins have a huge hole at Offensive Guard. This hole was created when the Buffalo Bills over paid Derrick Dockery to the tune of seven years and 49 million dollars. Had the Redskins done that, the hate towards them from the media would STILL be coming. Of course, that's neither here nor there at this point.
2) The Redskins current starting QB, Jason Campbell, played with Ben Grubbs in college. Do not underestimate the importance of a QB being familiar with his Offensive Line.
3) The Redskins have been rumored to be in trade down talks with several teams. This evidence supports the theory because you obviously do not take an Offensive Guard at the 6th overall pick unless you are nuts.
4) We are pretty sure some of the Redskins brass was in attendance at Auburn's Pro Day, where Grubbs was impressive. Were they there for a reason? One would hope so.
5) We have confirmed from several sources, including Grubbs himself, that he has a visit scheduled with the Redskins in the coming weeks.
So, while we can't say for sure what the Redskins will do, this theory has a fair amount of evidence supporting it.
But as always with the NFL, time will tell.....
Skins to Trade Down, Draft Ben Grubbs?
Breaking Burgundy Top Stories
5 plays led to Redskins' season-saving winMany moments keyed Washington's win over the New York Giants Sunday. Some stood out the most.
Breaking Burgundy12:55 PM
Odell Beckham Loses Temper TantrumNew York Giants wide receiver releases his frustration on the kicking apparatus as part of a frustrated tantrum on the sideline.
Breaking BurgundyYesterday at 3:47 PM
Before Further Review: Special Redskins WinThe Washington Redskins kicked one into the win column thanks to Dustin Hopkins, Tress Way and Jamison Crowder.
Breaking BurgundyYesterday at 3:33 PM
Josh Norman vs Odell Beckham Jr highlightsRewatch what was the most highly anticipated individual matchup of the Redskins season.
Breaking BurgundyYesterday at 3:05 PM
Notable Injuries Hurt Redskins in WinThe Redskins got the win they needed along with a lengthy injury report nobody desires.
Breaking BurgundyYesterday at 1:20 PM