1) The Redskins have a huge hole at Offensive Guard. This hole was created when the Buffalo Bills over paid Derrick Dockery to the tune of seven years and 49 million dollars. Had the Redskins done that, the hate towards them from the media would STILL be coming. Of course, that's neither here nor there at this point.
2) The Redskins current starting QB, Jason Campbell, played with Ben Grubbs in college. Do not underestimate the importance of a QB being familiar with his Offensive Line.
3) The Redskins have been rumored to be in trade down talks with several teams. This evidence supports the theory because you obviously do not take an Offensive Guard at the 6th overall pick unless you are nuts.
4) We are pretty sure some of the Redskins brass was in attendance at Auburn's Pro Day, where Grubbs was impressive. Were they there for a reason? One would hope so.
5) We have confirmed from several sources, including Grubbs himself, that he has a visit scheduled with the Redskins in the coming weeks.
So, while we can't say for sure what the Redskins will do, this theory has a fair amount of evidence supporting it.
But as always with the NFL, time will tell.....
Skins to Trade Down, Draft Ben Grubbs?
Breaking Burgundy Top Stories
Gruden speaks: Redskins coach opens campThe Redskins head coach addressed several topics including injury updates on the eve of Washington's 2016 training camp.
Breaking Burgundy12:18 PM
Most indispensible 2016 RedskinsThe Redskins already lost one key player for the season with injury. When it comes to who they can ill afford to lose next, here are the elite eight.
Breaking Burgundy6:00 AM
One on one: How many Pro Bowlers?On the eve of the Redskins opening training camp, we spin forward and ponder how many - and which players -- make the Pro Bowl.
Breaking BurgundyYesterday at 8:26 PM
Redskins waive DB Kyshoen JarrettKyshoen Jarrett waived as nerve injury in shoulder keeps him off the field.
Breaking BurgundyMonday at 1:16 PM