1) The Redskins have a huge hole at Offensive Guard. This hole was created when the Buffalo Bills over paid Derrick Dockery to the tune of seven years and 49 million dollars. Had the Redskins done that, the hate towards them from the media would STILL be coming. Of course, that's neither here nor there at this point.
2) The Redskins current starting QB, Jason Campbell, played with Ben Grubbs in college. Do not underestimate the importance of a QB being familiar with his Offensive Line.
3) The Redskins have been rumored to be in trade down talks with several teams. This evidence supports the theory because you obviously do not take an Offensive Guard at the 6th overall pick unless you are nuts.
4) We are pretty sure some of the Redskins brass was in attendance at Auburn's Pro Day, where Grubbs was impressive. Were they there for a reason? One would hope so.
5) We have confirmed from several sources, including Grubbs himself, that he has a visit scheduled with the Redskins in the coming weeks.
So, while we can't say for sure what the Redskins will do, this theory has a fair amount of evidence supporting it.
But as always with the NFL, time will tell.....
Skins to Trade Down, Draft Ben Grubbs?
Breaking Burgundy Top Stories
Kelley ready to unleash his 'super powers'Playing with the starting offensive line makes the undrafted rookie feel like he can leap tall buildings. Robert Kelley will get that chance Friday night against Buffalo.
Breaking Burgundy1:20 PM
Patriots deliver Stork to RedskinsThe 2014 fourth round pick is surprisingly on the move, but it's no surprise the Redskins added help in the middle.
Breaking Burgundy12:00 PM
Morning Manny: Redskins, where's the beef?Manny Benton brings his morning thoughts in today's edition of "Morning Manny," covering both sides of the run game and the Josh Doctson experience.
Breaking Burgundy6:00 AM
The growth of Su'a 'hybrid' CravensRedskins defensive coordinator Joe Barry has a plan for linebacker/safety Su'a Cravens, who is getting closer to being unleashed.
Breaking BurgundyYesterday at 9:05 PM