1. Derrick Frost. After a strong outing by rookie Durant Brooks last week, it's up to Frost to at least hold serve. One of his main advantages was as a holder; but Shaun Suisham has missed an equal amount of times with Frost and Brooks holding for him. So that edge is minimal at best. Frost needs to show consistency. In his last outing, he had three solid kicks and one horrible one that had a hangtime of almost one second lower than desired.
2. Anthony Montgomery. The big fella has been hampered by the broken bone in his hand, but he still hasn't shown he should win the job over Kedric Golston. In all honesty, it's a battle that leaves me wanting. Golston is all heart, but limited. Monty has more talent and can occupy two blockers, but doesn't make as many plays as he should. Monty is the clear No. 2 right now.
3. Chris Wilson. Last year's surprise roster winner is in jeopardy of not making the roster this season. Wilson has improved according to team sources, but he still hasn't done much to warrant a spot. Watch him on special teams, too. That's where his combo of speed and size might make a bigger impact this season.
4. Erasmus James. The oft-injured end will make his Redskins debut tonight. James ha s flashed just a little during practice so don't expect too much. The Redskins want to see progress out of him. This group is very familiar with what he can do when healthy so if he shows he's healthy and can stay that way, it's hard to imagine he won't be on the roster.
5. Alfred Fincher. The backup linebacker now has a real chance to make the team because of injuries among the backups. Problem with Fincher is that he's not always where he's supposed to be. It happens quite a bit. That has to change for him to win a roster spot.
John Keim covers the Redskins for the Washington Examiner and is a contributing editor for Warpathinsiders.com. He has covered the team since 1994. Some of his other stories can be found at dcexaminer.com
Talk about this, or any premium story, right here.
Five to Watch
Breaking Burgundy Top Stories
Cousins On Contract Talk: Deadlines Do DealsThe starting quarterback held court and stayed poised during his first media session following Wednesday's practice.
Breaking BurgundyWednesday at 1:27 PM
Jones absent, Pryor gelling with CousinsKirk Cousins and Terrelle Pryor gelling, Jordan Reed, Trent Williams and Matt Jones absent from Redskins OTAs.
Breaking BurgundyWednesday at 10:55 AM
Washington Redskins Hold Rookie CampThe Washington Redskins' top draft picks Jonathan Allen and Ryan Anderson headline this weekend's Rookie Camp.
What Can Samaje Perine Do?Can you say steal of the draft? Not yet, but one might in the future when it comes to the Oklahoma runner.
Redskins Depth Chart: Post Draft RosterThe Redskins made 10 selections during the 3-day NFL Draft after making several moves in free agency, leaving some position units with a different look. Some, not so much.