1. RG Chad Rinehart. The Redskins are pushing him, but it's hard to buy him just yet. Rinehart has not won the confidence of his teammates. He's been inconsistent thus far. Why is that a problem? Because there's a growing concern that Randy Thomas will not make it through the season.
2. DE/SLB Brian Orakpo. Just because he's looked so good thus far. This will be his first true live action, though Thursday's game vs. Baltimore will tell a better story. We've already seen him look good against this offense.
3. CB Justin Tryon. Can he hold onto the No. 4 role? Kevin Barnes has looked like a rookie, some good days and some bad. Tryon needs to show that he's not the Taylor Jacobs of DBs, someone who looks good in practice but not in games.
4. WR Marques Hagans. The Redskins like his speed and like him in the slot. With Roydell Williams out, Hagans has a real chance. D. J. Hackett will be interesting to watch as well; he hasn't done much so far to stand out. But he's only been in camp a couple days.
5. DE Robert Jackson. He started off strong and now must prove he can play better than a Renaldo Wynn (who has lost 25 pounds, looks spry and is feeling good).
John Keim covers the Redskins for the Washington Examiner and is a contributing editor for Warpathinsiders.com. He has covered the team since 1994. Some of his other stories can be found at dcexaminer.com
Talk about this, or any premium story, right here.
Five to Watch Saturday
Breaking Burgundy Top Stories
Three Reasons Redskins Can Beat the CardinalsEven without Trent Williams and likely Jordan Reed, even with another road game, there are reasons to think the Redskins win Sunday in Arizona. We offer three.
Breaking Burgundy6:29 AM
Redskins-Cardinals preview: Preying timeWashington has to avoid making Arizona look like the Super Bowl contenders many pegged them to be before the season.
Breaking Burgundy6:05 AM
Schefter: Cousins Has The Contract LeverageThe decision on whether Kirk Cousins signs a long-term deal is a two-way street, but one side has more control and it's not the group in Ashburn.
Breaking Burgundy5:25 AM
Don't Count On Reed For Redskins-CardinalsThe tight end's status headlines the latest Redskins injury report.
Breaking BurgundyYesterday at 1:29 PM