1. RG Chad Rinehart. The Redskins are pushing him, but it's hard to buy him just yet. Rinehart has not won the confidence of his teammates. He's been inconsistent thus far. Why is that a problem? Because there's a growing concern that Randy Thomas will not make it through the season.
2. DE/SLB Brian Orakpo. Just because he's looked so good thus far. This will be his first true live action, though Thursday's game vs. Baltimore will tell a better story. We've already seen him look good against this offense.
3. CB Justin Tryon. Can he hold onto the No. 4 role? Kevin Barnes has looked like a rookie, some good days and some bad. Tryon needs to show that he's not the Taylor Jacobs of DBs, someone who looks good in practice but not in games.
4. WR Marques Hagans. The Redskins like his speed and like him in the slot. With Roydell Williams out, Hagans has a real chance. D. J. Hackett will be interesting to watch as well; he hasn't done much so far to stand out. But he's only been in camp a couple days.
5. DE Robert Jackson. He started off strong and now must prove he can play better than a Renaldo Wynn (who has lost 25 pounds, looks spry and is feeling good).
John Keim covers the Redskins for the Washington Examiner and is a contributing editor for Warpathinsiders.com. He has covered the team since 1994. Some of his other stories can be found at dcexaminer.com
Talk about this, or any premium story, right here.
Five to Watch Saturday
Breaking Burgundy Top Stories
Morning Manny: Quarterback Position ReviewManny Benton reviews the Redskins Quarterback position prior to training camp.
Breaking BurgundyYesterday at 5:00 AM
Could Nate Sudfeld Be The 2018 Redskins QB?One man in the front office had high praise for the sophomore passer.
Breaking BurgundyTuesday at 5:00 AM
When Swearinger Sized Up Redskins Safety WoesThe new starting free safety had his eyes on the Redskins way before he entered free agency.
It's Rob Kelley's Job To Lose At RBContrary to popular belief, Redskins RB Robert Kelley has a strong grip as the team's lead back.