What don't you know about DeMario Pressley? Check this out:
1. He's a legacy of recent tradition at N.C. State. Among Pressley's former teammates are Mario Williams (Houston), Tank Tyler (Kansas City) and John McCargo (Buffalo) and he credits them all with his development.
2. His last season was a weekly visit to the training room. He suffered a left big toe fracture in spring camp and had a gruesome left elbow injury that resulted in three ligament tears in August camp. He played with his elbow heavily taped in the 2007 season opener, but then tore cartilage in his knee in an early September non-contact drill, undergoing arthroscopic surgery that sidelined him for several games. Upon his return, he ending up twisting his ankle in the Louisville clash, as his litany of injuries was uncommon for a player that was never hurt throughout his entire football career until his recent misfortunes. He still played seven games.
3. He was the man in North Carolina. When Pressley came out of high school, he was listed as the best player in North Carolina, the nation's seventh overall player and the premier defensive lineman in the country by Super Prep.
4. He was a three-sport athlete. As a senior at Dudley High School in Greensboro, N.C., Pressley notched 90 tackles and 14 sacks. He collected 97 tackles and 14 sacks as a junior. He also played center for school's basketball team and earned two letters in track-and-field, competing in the shot put.
5. He got an early start. He was the only true freshman to start for N.C. State in 2004.
Want to know more about Pressley? Take advantage of Scout.com's extensive body of work covering Pressley at N.C. State and during the scouting period. Here are links that will help you get to know Pressley better before he hits the field for the Saints:
Instant Analysis of Pressley by Scout.com's Tom Marino, a 35-year veteran of NFL scouting. Click here.
Pressley's scouting combine Q&A session with the media. Click here.
Pressley's complete transcript from his first post-draft press conference with the New Orleans media. Click here.
OTHER SCOUTING TOOLS
PackPride.com talks to Pressley about his love of play nose tackle. Click here.
Matthew Postins talks to Pressley about his N.C. State pedigree. Click here.
Ed Thompson talks to Pressley at the Senior Bowl. Click here.
Take advantage of our exclusive subscriber offer. New subscribers to Saintsinsider.com can get three months for the price of one through Monday night. Sign up for a one-month subscription and get the next two months for free. You'll get Saints news from the Draft to Training Camp every day! Click here to go to our subscription page and take advantage of this offer.
Matthew Postins is the publisher of saintsinsider.com. He is a member of the Pro Football Writers Association.