What don't you know about Adrian Arrington? Check this out:
1. He doesn't like the spread offense. The hiring of new Michigan head coach Rich Rodriguez, who runs the spread offense, basically forced Arrington to declare a year early for the draft.
2. He's had some injury issues. He missed almost all of the 2005 campaign after he suffered a broken right ankle in the season opener vs. Northern Illinois. He underwent surgery during which he had seven screws and a metal plate placed in his leg and it took him well over a year to recover from the injury.
3. He's also had some off the field problems. Midway through the 2006 season, Arrington was arrested on a misdemeanor domestic violence charge stemming from a fight with his girlfriend, the Detroit Free Press reported. He was also suspended during the spring of 2007 and later reinstated by head coach Lloyd Carr.
4. Coming out of college he was the man. He was considered a Top-10 receiver in the nation by two recruiting services.
5. He could have been a Hawkeye. He might have only been a visitor to the Big House in Ann Arbor had he agreed to a scholarship with Iowa and not Michigan.
Want to know more about Arrington? Take advantage of Scout.com's extensive body of work covering Arrington at Michigan and during the scouting period. Here are links that will help you get to know Arrington better before he hits the field for the Saints:
Instant Analysis of Arrington by Scout.com's Tom Marino, a 35-year veteran of NFL scouting. Click here.
Arrington's scouting combine Q&A session with the media. Click here.
OTHER SCOUTING TOOLS
Scout.com's Chris Steuber talks about Arrington's post bowl game draft stock. Click here.
Arrington talks about his early-season struggles in 2007. Click here.
AUDIO AND VIDEO
Arrington opens up in this audio interview at gobluewolverine.com. Click here.
Take advantage of our exclusive subscriber offer. New subscribers to Saintsinsider.com can get three months for the price of one through Monday night. Sign up for a one-month subscription and get the next two months for free. You'll get Saints news from the Draft to Training Camp every day! Click here to go to our subscription page and take advantage of this offer.
Matthew Postins is the publisher of saintsinsider.com. He is a member of the Pro Football Writers Association.