Player News and Notes
Jason Gesser / Washington St.
- Measured at 6'005/205
- Confirmed he has met with the Bears, Buccanners, Bengals, Panthers, Patriots, Titans, and Cowboys.
- Great grandfather was the quarterback for the Packers before Bart Starr. Green Bay is his ideal situation.
Chris Simms / Texas -
- Confirmed his measurements as 6'4 1/2/221.
- Simms confirmed he has talked to the Steelers, Cowboys, Cardinals, Panthers, and Bears so far.
- Interestingly he said he was always a Cowboys fan and could let that be known once his father retired from the Giants. He's also a Bill Parcells fan.
- Simms said he has a pretty good idea who will draft him but, "I'm not going to tell you guys (the media)." Our money is on Dallas for obvious reasons.
- Confirmed that he won't be working out here but will at his pro day on 3/13.
- Confirmed that he has met one on one with the Giants, Saints, and Broncos. He met with several quarterback coaches (Bears, Panthers, Raiders and a few others) in a group setting.
Brian St. Pierre / Boston
- Confirmed his measurements as 6'2 1/2/218.
- St. Pierre training in New Orleans to get
ready for his workouts next month for NFL teams.
- Confirmed that he has interviewed with the Raiders, Chiefs, and Panthers. Has interviews with the Vikings and Dolphins this evening.
Donald Lee / Mississippi -
- Confirmed he measured in at 6'3/244. His pro day is 3/6.
- Lee benched 225 lbs 26 times.
Robert Johnson / Aubrun -
- Johnson benched 225 lbs 18 times.
- Confirmed that he has met with the Raiders and Ravens.
Aaron Walker / Florida -
- Confirmed he measured in at 6'5/252.
- Walker confirmed he has talked to the
Steelers, Ravens, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Buccaneers, Falcons, and Panthers.
- Walker benched 225 lbs 24 times.
Walter Young / Illinois -
- Young measured in at 6'5/214.
- Young's working on his speed with former NFL WR Don Bebee.
- Will do everything here. Will workout at his pro day on 3/12.
- Fellow teammate Eugene Wilson is the best CB he's been up against.
- Has talked to the Chargers, Chiefs, Eagles, Bears, and the Browns.
Boss Bailey / Georgia -
- Bailey confirmed for us that he didn't have quite a 50' vertical jump recently but it was just a few inches short.
- Bailey will do a few things here. His pro day is 3/11.
- Measured in at 6'3/233.
- Bailey talked to eight teams including the Bengals, Lions, Raiders, Falcons, Dolphins, and Vikings. He said he'll also be talking to the Chiefs this evening.
- Has torn both ACL's--one was in high school.
- His best position he feels is strongside.
- Bailey considers himself a true student of the game.
Mike Nattiel / Florida
- Will not run here.
- Measured in at 5'11 1/2/228
- Talked to the Chargers.
E.J. Henderson / Maryland -
- Confirmed he measured in at 6'1/245.
- Will not run here but will do so at his pro day on 3/19. Had a 30' vertical jump. Hand measured 10. Hopes to run a 4.6 at his pro day.
- Has interviewed with the Eagles, Browns, Bengals, Jets, Giants, Saints, and Jaguars.
Victor Hobson / Michigan -
- Measured in at 6'1/252.
- Benched 29 times at 225.
- Plans on participating in all drills here.
- Has talked to several teams including the Packers and Vikings.
- From South Jersey. He really liked the Eagle defense growing up and said he followed their linebackers as well as the Bill linebackers (Daryl Talley and Cornelius Bennett). Will meet with the Eagles this evening.
- Hobson said he's working on improving his gap discipline and depth on pass coverage.
Bradie James / LSU
- Measured in at 6'2 3/8/242
- Has met with the Texans and the Colts and also met with them at the Senior Bowl.
- James said he has run as fast as a 4.5/40 in the past.
- James told us he would like to play WLB.
Terry Pierce / Kansas St. -
- Confirmed he measured in at 6'1 3/4/251.
- His preference is to play inside
in the pros but he would be fine if he had to play outside.
- Has interviewed with the Chiefs, Panthers, Steelers, and Colts.
- Big 12 All-Academic student.
Drayton Florence / Tuskeegee -
- Florence admitted he got kicked off the Tennessee-Chattanooga team during his sophomore season after getting in to a fight with a teammate who wound up breaking his jaw.
- Has talked to the Dolphins, Browns, Jets, and Bengals so far.
- His best time in the 40 was a 4.38 on grass. Will do everything here.
- Measured in at 6'0/198.
- Florence is training at Randy Moss' speed camp. We asked him if he every ran patterns against Moss and he replied," No but I ran against him."
"Did he beat you?"
"I don't want to talk about it," Florence said.
Eugene Wilson / Illinois -
- Measured in at 5'10/192.
- Wilson expects to participate in all the drills this weekend.
- Wilson said his toughest opponent was former LSU WR Josh Reed.
- Wilson said during his cybex strength test it was found that one knee was stronger than the other.
Marcus Trufant / Washington
- Measured at 5'11/199.
- Will do everything here and at his pro day. He's currently training in at Octgon's (his agency) workout facility.
- Has interviewed with the Raiders so far and will be interviewing with more teams later today.
- Interestingly, he said the toughest player that he's faced in his career is former USC WR R.J. Soward.
- Trufant said facing Middle Tennessee St. WR Tyrone Calico during Senior Bowl week was tough because he's tall. Also WR Bobby Wade from Arizona was tough because he's fast.
Andre Woolfolk / Oklahoma -
- Woolfolk measured at 6'1 1/2/197.
- Woolfolk lifted 225 lbs 10 times.
- Woolfolk talked to the Browns at the Senior Bowl. He's working at IMG's (his agency) workout facility. He was told at the Senior Bowl he needs to work on his backpedal and anticipation which he's working on currently.
- Woolfolk believes playing receiver two seasons will help him in the pros in covering the receivers.
- Graduated in December.
Ken Hamlin / Arkansas
- Hamlin measured in at 6'2/209.
- Hamlin will do everything here.
- Hamlin goal was between 18-20 reps at 225 lbs and low 4.4's/40.
- Hamlin's working with trainer Danny Arnold at Pro Athletic in Houston.
Rashean Mathis / Bethune
- Measured in at 6'1/202.
- Mathis lifted 225 lbs 22 times.
- Hopes to run a 4.35/40
Troy Polamalu / USC
- Said he wants to play at 215.
- Polamalu is still not 100% yet but about 90% (ankle and hamstring).
- Special teams coverage is a favorite of his.
- Prefers for play at SS though one team talked to him playing at CB.
Special Thanks To: Staff writer Adam Caplan is President of the Pro Football Injury and News Report, a site specializing in year round NFL news as well as real time injury updates during the season.
It can be found at: www.footballinjuries.com