Hill's Legal Drama Continues

Seattle Seahawks linebacker Leroy Hill still has not participated in the any of the team's offseason workouts, as head coach Pete Carroll and general manager John Schneider continue to excuse him from team activities while Hill deals with legal issues.

Asked if he expected Hill to be on the team this season, Carroll said: "I am hoping he will be. We need to see what that all means, but we'll figure it out when the time comes."

Hill appeared in Issaquah municipal court this week for a scheduled pretrial hearing in front of Judge N. Scott Stewart. The 27-year-old linebacker faces a misdemeanor charge of assault for his role in a domestic dispute at his Issaquah home on April 10.

Hill's attorney, Jon Fox, submitted a motion asking for a continuance, which was granted. Another pretrial hearing has been scheduled for June 11 at 9 a.m.

According to a representative of the municipal court, a victim's advocate asked on behalf of the victim that a no-contact order keeping Hill away from the victim be lifted. Hill's attorney agreed with the request, but the prosecutor did not, and Stewart determined the order will remain in place.

Keeping close tabs on the situation thousands of miles away is Brian Fortner, solicitor-general for Douglas County, Ga.

Hill's run-in with the law in April was his second in a little more than a year. And it came just 10 days after he received a sentence of 12 months probation for misdemeanor drug possession for a Jan. 24, 2009, incident in which he was found asleep at the wheel by police in suburban Atlanta and marijuana was discovered in his car.

Fortner said Wednesday that if prosecutors in Issaquah move forward with their case against Hill, he will likely file a motion to revoke Hill's probation, which would include a hearing that would require Hill's presence in court in Douglas County.

"I would say the odds are now that we are probably going to move forward to remove his probation," Fortner said. "It doesn't matter who you are, you need to be on your best behavior. That's the reality."

Fortner said he will continue to monitor the situation, talking with prosecutors in Issaquah in the near future in order to help make his decision.

"We've been in contact with them and we are expecting to hear from them this week to help determine exactly what we are going to do," Fortner said. "It's disappointing that he got that charge that soon, so he's probably going to have to come here to Georgia to account for his behavior."

SeahawkFootball.com Top Stories