- Oakland - Outlasted the Bills at the end. And who said older men can't keep it up for long periods of time?
- Miami - A close second, but until Oakland loses they'll have to be content at No. 2.
- Tampa Bay - The best in the NFC. That offense worries me though. It's still not good.
- Green Bay - Impressive win in Chicago over a fading Bears team.
- New Orleans - Held off the Steelers with big plays.
- Kansas City - Team of destiny? I would bet so. They aren't going away.
- Denver - Recovers from embarrassment in Baltimore with a thrashing of San Diego.
- San Francisco - Sure the Rams are a shadow of their former selves, but it sure felt good.
- Philadelphia - What happened? How does this team lose to Jacksonville?
- New England - You just knew someone would finally figure this team out.
- Indianapolis - Let Cincinnati come too close. The defense needs an overhaul.
- San Diego - Yes, the AFC West all make the top 12. Memo to Head Coaches everywhere: You stop the Bolts by stopping Tomlinson.
- Jacksonville - This team continues to play well. I wonder if the fans are paying any attention?
- Buffalo - Once the defense learns to play well, this team could be a monster.
- Pittsburgh - I'm giving them a last chance at redemption, starting this weekend in Cincy.
- Washington - Patrick Ramsey will surprise no one by being better than Danny Wuerffel.
- Chicago - That Home commute to Champaign is a bitch.
- Atlanta - You just knew Michael Vick would get hurt. All Falcon quarterbacks get hurt.
- Cleveland - Blew it big time AGAIN.
- NY Giants - Beating Dallas and Arizona are not like beating Philadelphia.
- Arizona - Barely beat Carolina. (Yawn)
- Carolina - A couple of breaks and this team is 5 - 0. Parity is a very scary thing.
- Baltimore - If only Ray Lewis could play offense.
- Dallas - The Cowboys seem to make just enough mistakes to lose.
- Tennessee - Boff! Slam! Smack! The Titans are like every villain in the original Batman Series. This past week's caped crusader was the Redskins.
- Seattle - Shaun Alexander busts out finally. We won't see him again for another 3 weeks.
- St. Louis - Goodnight Gracie.
- Detroit - I wonder if Matt Millen ever considered a stress-free profession like...Window Washing.
- Minnesota - Red McCombs looks like he's going to sell the team, half of which is invested in Randy Moss.
- NY Jets - Gutsy game by Chad Pennington, but the defense couldn't hold on.
- Houston - In a few years, David Carr is going to be one hell of a quarterback.
- Cincinnati - Best chance at a win is always against Pittsburgh.
The Complete Power Core Rankings: Week 6
Steel City Insider Top Stories
Draft Series '17: CornerbacksCornerbacks who suit a specific Steelers need are addressed with an analytical touch.
Steel City Insider2:17 AM
Are Steelers Still Interested In Mathis?It's been a long, strange trip for Washington pass-rusher JoJo Mathis, and the Steelers have been along for the ride.
Steel City InsiderYesterday at 4:51 AM
Draft Series '17: Defensive LineThe Steelers need a do-it-all "Superman" type in their second attempt to find James Harrison's heir apparent.
Steel City InsiderSaturday at 2:45 PM
Draft Series '17: LinebackersLawrence Timmons is gone and James Harrison needs an understudy. Here are multi-tiered plans for the Pittsburgh Steelers at each position.
Steel City InsiderFriday at 3:44 AM