- Oakland - Outlasted the Bills at the end. And who said older men can't keep it up for long periods of time?
- Miami - A close second, but until Oakland loses they'll have to be content at No. 2.
- Tampa Bay - The best in the NFC. That offense worries me though. It's still not good.
- Green Bay - Impressive win in Chicago over a fading Bears team.
- New Orleans - Held off the Steelers with big plays.
- Kansas City - Team of destiny? I would bet so. They aren't going away.
- Denver - Recovers from embarrassment in Baltimore with a thrashing of San Diego.
- San Francisco - Sure the Rams are a shadow of their former selves, but it sure felt good.
- Philadelphia - What happened? How does this team lose to Jacksonville?
- New England - You just knew someone would finally figure this team out.
- Indianapolis - Let Cincinnati come too close. The defense needs an overhaul.
- San Diego - Yes, the AFC West all make the top 12. Memo to Head Coaches everywhere: You stop the Bolts by stopping Tomlinson.
- Jacksonville - This team continues to play well. I wonder if the fans are paying any attention?
- Buffalo - Once the defense learns to play well, this team could be a monster.
- Pittsburgh - I'm giving them a last chance at redemption, starting this weekend in Cincy.
- Washington - Patrick Ramsey will surprise no one by being better than Danny Wuerffel.
- Chicago - That Home commute to Champaign is a bitch.
- Atlanta - You just knew Michael Vick would get hurt. All Falcon quarterbacks get hurt.
- Cleveland - Blew it big time AGAIN.
- NY Giants - Beating Dallas and Arizona are not like beating Philadelphia.
- Arizona - Barely beat Carolina. (Yawn)
- Carolina - A couple of breaks and this team is 5 - 0. Parity is a very scary thing.
- Baltimore - If only Ray Lewis could play offense.
- Dallas - The Cowboys seem to make just enough mistakes to lose.
- Tennessee - Boff! Slam! Smack! The Titans are like every villain in the original Batman Series. This past week's caped crusader was the Redskins.
- Seattle - Shaun Alexander busts out finally. We won't see him again for another 3 weeks.
- St. Louis - Goodnight Gracie.
- Detroit - I wonder if Matt Millen ever considered a stress-free profession like...Window Washing.
- Minnesota - Red McCombs looks like he's going to sell the team, half of which is invested in Randy Moss.
- NY Jets - Gutsy game by Chad Pennington, but the defense couldn't hold on.
- Houston - In a few years, David Carr is going to be one hell of a quarterback.
- Cincinnati - Best chance at a win is always against Pittsburgh.
The Complete Power Core Rankings: Week 6
Steel City Insider Top Stories
Watson Brings Power To Steelers' BackfieldTerrell Watson smashed all of Christian Okoye's college records and now he's trying to break through with the Steelers. Jon Ledyard talked to the young man for today's profile.
Steel City InsiderThursday at 2:41 AM
Money Matters: For Whom the Bell TollsLe'Veon Bell will only have more leverage in next year's negotiation with the Steelers. Capologist Ian Whetstone has the story behind the numbers.
Steel City InsiderTuesday at 11:30 AM
No DealThe Steelers and Le'Veon Bell couldn't agree to a contract extension past the 2017 season.
Steel City InsiderMonday at 12:34 PM
Orndoff Ranks With Top Steelers SleepersIt all resumes in 10 days, and local rookie tight end Scott Orndoff is ready to make a roster run with the Steelers.
Steel City InsiderMonday at 5:41 AM
Kelsey's Instincts Run In FamilyThe son of a championship linebacker, this undrafted Steelers rookie has a nose for the ball. Dale Lolley profiles Keith Kelsey.
Steel City Insider07/15/2017