4. Green Bay
6. New England
7. San Francisco
10. Tampa Bay
Of course I could also blame it on parity.
1. Philadelphia – This team may be destined to win it all, with everything they've gone through. Sounds like Pittsburgh last year…
2. Oakland – I can't help remembering the thrashing they put on Tennessee earlier in the season.
3. Tennessee – The road to the Super Bowl may just end up going through Nashville.
4. Pittsburgh – The Steelers look like they could go all the way or be out by Monday.
5. NY Jets – Earned this AFC East title the hard way.
6. Tampa Bay – Took advantage of the Packers' folly by putting away Bears.
7. Green Bay – The Pack looked awfully lethargic on Sunday. One game at Lambeau won't get them to the Super Bowl.
8. NY Giants – They have the best chance of an upset in the Wild Card Weekend.
9. Indianapolis – Don't have a prayer on Saturday. But Dungy's brought hope back to Indy.
10. San Francisco – Meaningless game Monday Night. Still, they didn't put up a good show.
11. Cleveland – The Browns better learn their lesson from 1994 or they'll be knocked out this weekend.
12. Atlanta – Limping into the playoffs because someone's figured out Vick.
13. New England – Schedule was murder. But, they didn't have the passion this year.
14. Denver – After the strong start, "disappointing" is the only way to describe the result.
15. Miami – They had their chances. Had them all year. And once again, they swoon in December.
16. San Diego – Doesn't matter if it's Flutie or Brees, this team can't finish.
17. New Orleans – 1-year fade is usually the player's fault. 2-year fades are usually the coach's fault.
18. Baltimore – $17 Million under the cap. The possibilities are endless.
20. St. Louis – Big decisions on the quarterback situation. They better make the right decision.
21. Buffalo – Bledsoe can take solace in the fact that his former teammates are also home in January.
22. Carolina – The Panthers helped make the NFC South the most surprising conference of the year.
23. Seattle – Late season heroics may not help Mike Holmgrem's job situation.
24. Jacksonville – Goodbye Tom Coughlin.
25. Washington – Finally beat the Cowboys. Did Snyder get the game ball as promised?
26. Dallas – Serving up some Tuna-fish delight.
27. Houston – Texans gave many teams a competitive game this year. They should be applauded.
28. Chicago – If they're smart, they'll pick up Plummer and draft a quarterback.
29. Arizona – Goodbye Jake. Don't let the door hit Arizona on the way out.
30. Minnesota – Pretty hot team down the stretch. Fix that defense and they've got a shot.
31. Detroit – Marty Morehenwig still hasn't been fired. Why?
--The Steel Apple