- After striking out with the New York Giants, free agent wide receiver Plaxico Burress will have a visit with the Minnesota Vikings over the next 24 hours. His agent has also been in contact with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Interestingly, according to a league source, Burress skipped a pre-draft visit to the Eagles prior to the 2000 NFL Draft.
- The Oakland Raiders re-signed guard Ron Stone on Thursday.
- The Buffalo Bills had free agent tight end Marcellus Rivers (Giants) and offensive lineman Floyd Womack (Seahawks) in for visits on Thursday.
- The Chicago Bears had free agent quarterback Brad Johnson (Buccaneers) in for a visit on Thursday.
- The Houston Texans re-signed veteran defensive lineman Jeff Deloach to a contract on Thursday. He was an unrestricted free agent.
- The Baltimore Ravens have signed OL Keydrick Vincent (Pittsburgh Steelers).
- The Carolina Panthers have reached a one-year contract agreement with free agent safety Marlon McCree (Texans) on Thursday.
He'll back up both safety positions for his new team.
- The Green Bay Packers released veteran safety Darren Sharper on Thursday. He was due a roster bonus on March 12.
- The Denver Broncos matched the New York Jets offer sheet that tight end Jeb Putzier signed last Friday which means he's now under contract for five seasons.
The club also re-signed long snapper Mike Leach to a contract.
- New York Giants general manager Ernie Accorsi said Thursday that the club will no longer pursue signing free agent wide receiver Plaxico Burress.
"The New York Giants are no longer interested in free agent wide receiver Plaxico Burress and have withdrawn their offer," Accorsi said.
- The New Orleans Saints have reached a multi-year contract agreement with free agent tight end Shad Meier (Titans).
- The Seattle Seahawks have reached a multi-year contract agreement with tight end Itula Mili (Seahawks).
- The San Francisco 49ers have signed free agent kicker Joe Nedney (Titans) to a one-year deal.
- The Cincinnati Bengals will have free agent defensive tackle Ellis Johnson (Broncos) in for a visit.
- The Cincinnati Bengals released safety Rogers Beckett on Thursday.
- Free agent quarterback Mike McMahon (Lions) will visit the Philadelphia Eagles on Thursday.
Thursday NFL Free Agency Wire Updated 9:33 ET
Scout NFL Network Top Stories
Week 7: Fantasy Football CentralA hub for all of Week 7's articles and videos by your favorite Fantasy Football experts!
Scout Fantasy11:35 AM
Giants drop the ball in Josh Brown situationBig Blue has lost organizational control and the Josh Brown fiasco has gone on long enough.
The Giants Beat7:39 AM
WATCH: Marshall and Richardson talk 'dust up'What's a little locker room dispute, after a tough loss, between teammates?
Jets InsiderYesterday at 5:46 PM
The infirmary: Week 7 NFL injury reportWide receivers and tight ends are finding it difficult to remain available to their teams as the season progresses toward the end of its second month, and a few teams have multiple…
Scout NFL NetworkYesterday at 5:37 PM
Lessons Siemian Learned From OsweilerTrevor Siemian was asked what, if anything, he learned from Brock Osweiler in 2015. His answer(s) might surprise you.
Mile High HuddleYesterday at 1:39 PM