- The New York Jets have reached a contract agreement with free agent linebacker Barry Gardner (Browns).
- The New York Giants signed free agent defensive tackle Kendrick Clancy (Steelers) on Friday.
- The Atlanta Falcons re-signed cornerback Kevin Mathis and fullback Fred McCrary on Friday.
- The New England Patriots have reached a one-year contract agreement with free agent wide receiver/punt/kicker returner Tim Dwight (Chargers) on Friday.
- The San Diego Chargers have released veteran quarterback Doug Flutie.
- The Cincinnati Bengals waived cornerback Dennis Weathersby on Friday.
Weathersby spent the 2004 Bengals season on the Reserve/Non-Football Injury list, due to a head injury he suffered in an April 12 auto accident in the Cincinnati area. Since that time, he has been unable to pass the team physical required for him to return to play.
The April 2004 auto accident was Weathersby's second brush with a serious non-football injury since he completed his Oregon State football career in 2002. On April 20, 2003, he was the innocent victim of a drive-by shooting near his home in Duarte, Calif. The Bengals selected him a week later in the fourth round of the 2003 Draft, and he recovered in time to play during the 2003 season. He played in four games after being sidelined early in the regular season by a football-related shoulder injury.
- The Philadelphia Eagles have reached a two-year contract agreement with free agent quarterback Mike McMahon (Lions).
- The New York Jets have reached a multi-year contract agreement with free agent quarterback Jay Fiedler (Dolphins) on Friday.
- The Kansas City Chiefs have reached a multi-year contract agreement with safety Sammy Knight (Dolphins). He could take over the starting free safety job for Jerome Woods who had knee problems last season.
- The Baltimore Ravens reached a multi-year contract agreement with free agent guard Keydrick Vincent (Steelers).
- The St. Louis Rams reached a contract agreement with free agent safety Michael Stone (Cardinals). He'll mainly play on special teams.
- The Seattle Seahawks will have free agent fullback Fred McCrary (Falcons) and defensive end Derrick Burgess (Eagles) in for visits on Friday.
- The Miami Dolphins will have free agent quarterback Brad Johnson in for a visit on Friday.
- The New York Jets are in negotiations with free agent quarterback Jay Fiedler (Dolphins) to be Chad Pennington's backup.
Friday NFL Free Agency Wire Updated 5:00 ET
Scout NFL Network Top Stories
Pats Trade TE A.J. Derby To DenverIn a rare inter-conference trade, the Broncos have acquired a tight end from the Patriots and waived a veteran safety.
Mile High Huddle1:24 PM
Josh Brown released by GiantsBREAKING NEWS: New York Giants announced on Tuesday that they have released kicker Josh Brown. The latest details on the story from the NFL Network.
The Giants Beat1:06 PM
Injury Updates: Randall’s Surgery ConfirmedDamarious Randall's cornerback sidekick, Quinten Rollins, isn't sure if he'll be ready for the Falcons. That and more from Tuesday.
Packer Report12:46 PM
Broncos Offense Grew Up A Little On MNFThe Broncos overcame obstacles early on their way to thumping the Texans on Monday night.
Mile High Huddle12:20 PM