* All mini-camp practice sessions are held without full pads, so contact has been very limited during the workouts.
"Without pads, what you're evaluating is footwork, technique, hand placement and where their head gear is placed," head Coach Dom Capers said. "We probably won't fully know until training camp but we've been working on it. We know the importance of running the football. I feel good about where we are at this point without pads."
* Former Detroit Lions quarterback Charlie Batch paid a visit down to Houston today. Batch met wil head coach Dom Capers, offensive coordinator Chris Palmer and general manager Charley Casserly to see if there could be a potential need for his services.
"This situation here is definitely a positive one," said Batch. "It's a new start for me. The talent that they have on this team is unbelievable. On paper, they're already a solid football team."
Batch was let go by the Lions after being benched most of last season due to inconsistent play. Detroit then acquired the services of former Oregon QB Joey Harrington in the NFL draft this past April. He was the sixth overall selection.
* The Texans added former Minnesota Vikings' center Calvin Collins and Buffalo guard Craig Heimburger to help provide some much needed depth along the offensive line.
Collins started at center and guard over the course of his first five seasons in the NFL. He started all 16 games in 1998 when the Falcons won the NFC title.
* LT Tony Boselli, DT Gary Walker and DT Ahmad Miller sat out several different practices last week with various minor injuries.
* The Texans have 102 players on their roster with 22 of them from the Lone Star State and 13 who played at Texas colleges.
* Houston will resume practice this week which will prelude a 5-week layoff before the official start of training camp.
Texans End First Week of Camp
Scout NFL Network Top Stories
A Modern Update On Concussion ProtocolDoc Bear dishes on some of the latest advances in diagnosing and treating concussions that have been spear-headed by the Mayo Clinic.
Mile High Huddle2:40 PM
Injuries Strike Receiver CorpsThe Green Bay Packers started the practice week without Davante Adams and Geronimo Allison, though Jordy Nelson returned to practice.
Packer Report2:09 PM
Mack named PFWA Defensive Player of the YearRaiders DE Khalil Mack Named PFWA Defensive Player of the Year
SB Report10:21 AM
4 teams have more than $20M in carryoverThe NFL Players Association released the amount of salary-cap dollars each team can carry over into their 2017 salary cap, with four teams having more than $20 million and five…
Scout NFL Network10:01 AM