Philadelphia Eagles at New York Giants
* It will be interesting to see how the Giants secondary plays the Eagles
receivers. The Detroit Lions didn't press any of the Philadelphia receivers last
week. In the first two matchups, the Green Bay Packers and Washington Redskins
cornerbacks pressed the receivers much of each game.
* If RB Brian Westbrook (abdomen) doesn't play, look for rookie RB Tony Hunt in
* A key for Philadelphia is pass protection since LT William Thomas (knee) is
out. He faces a true speed rusher in RDE Osi Umenyiora.
* The coaching staff is high on rookie TE Brent Celek who impressed the team
with his pass catching in training camp. But what has been more impressive
recently is his improvement as a blocker.
* Although the team might be set for now with their kickoff and punt
returners, talks could resume before the trading deadline with the Oakland Raiders for CB/KR/PR Chris Carr.
* The maturation of QB Eli Manning could be attributed to the addition of
quarterbacks coach Chris Palmer. The veteran coach was former NFL QB Drew
Bledsoe's position coach in his rookie season. Manning is doing a good job of
getting rid of the ball quickly and is willing to stay in there and isn't
turning away when he gets any pressure.
* The defense didn't blitz much last week and they got pressure with their four
man line. The Philadelphia offensive line is one of the best in the NFL so we
could see more pressure from the linebackers.
Eagles-Giants Pregame Notes
Scout NFL Network Top Stories
LISTEN: Day 2 & 3 Prospects Who Make SenseGuest Erick Trickel joins Nick Kendell to discuss the latest news on Reuben Foster and Jabril Peppers, Solomon Thomas Crush, and some favorite day-two prospects and fits for the…
Mile High Huddle6:07 PM
Full: Former 'Dogs series with James SandersBarkBoard.com members can listen to the full interview with former Bulldog star James Sanders below. Also click the link for transcribed quotes and discussion on the interview:
How The Inside Zone Run Can Work For DenverDoc Bear breaks down the inside zone.
Mile High Huddle3:24 PM
Defenders think facing A.P. will be ‘fun’The Minnesota Vikings will get their first chance to see what it’s like to try to tackle Adrian Peterson in Week 1. What’s the vibe from his former teammates on defense?
Viking Update2:53 PM
Report: Browns in talks to move upThere is a report from NFL Network that says the Browns have contacted several teams about moving up from No. 12 to presumably take a quarterback
The OBR2:40 PM