- Prior to the North team's workout this morning, a strong contingent from the Carolina Panthers was praising East Carolina RB Chris Johnson for his tremendous performance on Monday.
- A day after starring on the field, Delaware QB Joe Flacco had an inconsistent workout for the North team on Tuesday morning. He showed good poise in the pocket, but was off target on his intermediate and vertical throws. Flacco has received a lot of attention in Mobile, and has a chance to raise his draft stock with a solid week of work. But he will have to show more accuracy as the week progresses.
- Kansas State WR Jordy Nelson had an outstanding workout on Tuesday. He got a strong release off the line, was quick in and out of cuts, and flashed consistent hands. Nelson is an intriguing receiver who enjoyed a breakout senior season for the Wildcats and hauled in 122 receptions for 1,606 yards and 11 touchdowns. The 2008 draft is strong at the receiver position, especially with the underclassmen that declared. But with plenty of scouts looking on, Nelson has lot to gain this week.
- Purdue WR/KR Dorien Bryant struggled during special teams practice on Tuesday. He dropped two consecutive kickoffs and appeared anxious. Bryant is a good receiver with limited size (5-foot-10, 174-pounds). He has the ability to be a dual threat at the next level, but he has to show scouts in attendance that he can handle the pressures of being a return specialist.
- UNLV middle linebacker Beau Bell was injured during the morning session. He limped off the field with an apparent leg injury. Trainers from the North team attended to him on the sideline before taking him into the locker room for further evaluation. The severity of the injury is unknown at this time.
- After the North team's practice, Cal WR Lavelle Hawkins was greeted by New Orleans Saints wide receivers coach Curtis Johnson. Hawkins and Johnson appeared to know one another, and in passing I overheard Hawkins say, “So when am I going to be in a Saints uniform?” Johnson replied, “This isn’t a recruiting trip, we have to draft you.”
- Boston College CB DeJuan Tribble had a good performance on Tuesday and was speaking with representatives from the Cleveland Browns and Washington Redskins at length.
A member of the Pro Football Writers of America and the Football Writers Association of America, Chris Steuber has provided his analysis of the NFL and NFL Draft prospects on the web and on the radio since 1999.