1. New York Giants- Previous ranking: (1)
Eli may not be worth the contract, but ask Dallas if they'd like to have him.
2. Baltimore Ravens- Previous ranking: (8)
These guys look like the best team in the AFC right now.
3. New Orleans Saints- Previous ranking: (10)
Drew Brees may be the best quarterback in the game.
4. New York Jets- Previous ranking: (14)
Defense is awesome right now, how far can a rookie quarterback take them?
5. Atlanta Falcons- Previous ranking: (9)
Everyone should have a man-crush on Matt Ryan.
6. New England Patriots- Previous ranking: (2)
Brady doesn't look like Brady yet. The defense is missing Seymour.
7. Indianapolis Colts- Previous ranking: (12)
Still not convinced that the Colts are the best team in the south, but they're off to their usual quick start.
8. Pittsburgh Steelers- Previous ranking: (3)
Defense is still excellent, but they miss Polamalu.
9. Minnesota Vikings- Previous ranking: (11)
Favre is managing the game to perfection. Now let's see how they do against a real defense.
10. Philadelphia Eagles- Previous ranking: (6)
Defense was shredded by Drew Brees. It happens to every team.
11. San Diego Chargers- Previous ranking: (2)
Rivers is great, but the loss of Jamaal Williams is big.
12. San Francisco 49ers- Previous ranking: (17)
Patrick Willis is the best linebacker in the game. I still don't believe in Shaun Hill.
13. Buffalo Bills- Previous ranking: (13)
Trent Edwards has played very well in the first two games. The O-line is still a question mark.
14. Houston Texans- Previous ranking: (21)
Still inconsistent, but the come from behind win does wonders for their confidence.
15. Green Bay Packers- Previous ranking: (4)
A pretty good defense gone bad. Need to rebound this week against St. Louis.
16. Dallas Cowboys- Previous ranking: (16)
Romo needs to be more careful with the football.
17. Tennessee Titans- Previous ranking: (5)
Must-win situation this week on the road against the New York Jets.
18. Chicago Bears- Previous ranking: (18)
Gutsy win by the Bears. Nice job by Cutler.
19. Arizona Cardinals- Previous ranking: (24)
They dispelled the West Coast-East Coast myth. How much do you make of a win against a horrible Jags team?
20. Oakland Raiders- Previous ranking: (20)
Were outplayed thoroughly and found a way to win. Russell is not the answer.
21. Seattle Seahawks- Previous ranking (15)
Hasselbeck is hurt again. This looks like a replay of last season.
22. Carolina Panthers- Previous ranking: (22)
They have problems stopping the run and the quarterback isn't that good. Not a good combo.
23. Miami Dolphins- Previous ranking: (23)
Great clock management.
24. Washington Redskins- Previous ranking: (19)
Yes, you drop five spots for only beating the Rams by two at home.
25. Denver Broncos- Previous ranking: (25)
Worst 2-0 team in the history of the NFL.
26. Cincinnati Bengals- Previous ranking: (27)
Impressive win over Green Bay, but they never should have lost to the worst now 2-0 team in the history of the NFL.
27. Kansas City Chiefs- Previous ranking: (28)
Lots of mistakes against Oakland, but those mistakes are fixable.
28. Jacksonville Jaguars- Previous ranking: (25)
The offense was the only thing uglier than the attendance figures.
29. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Previous ranking: (30)
Not a bad offense. Worst defense in the league.
30. St. Louis Rams- Previous ranking: (32)
They played a tough game on the road. Perhaps they're headed in the right direction?
31. Detroit Lions- Previous ranking: (31)
19 losses and counting.
32. Cleveland Browns- Previous ranking: (28)
Getting blown out by Denver is unacceptable.
Week Two NFL Power Rankings
State of the Texans Top Stories
Texans Continue to Search for the QBThe Houston Texans continue to look for the right combination to lock down their quarterback in the draft.
State of the Texans04/21/2017
Andre Johnson Excited About Retiring a TexanAndre Johnson is excited about coming back home to retire with the Houston Texans.
State of the Texans04/17/2017
Clowney's 5th Year Option Picked Up By TexansThe Houston Texans pick up Jadeveon Clowney's 5th Year option for 2018.
State of the Texans04/14/2017
Notebook: David Quessenberry Set to ReturnA closer look at two transactions the Houston Texans made and David Quessenberry set to return.
State of the Texans04/14/2017