Jacksonville Jaguars (2-2) vs. Seattle Seahawks (1-3)
Sunday, October 11th, 4:00 p.m.
Kickoff Temperature: 49 degrees, sunny
Line: Pick 'em
Trends: Jaguars have won two straight; Seahawks have lost three straight and four of their last five.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on defense:
1. Bring the heat. The Seattle offensive line is a mess right now, and if Matt Hasselbeck is starting at quarterback, he will not be able to get out of the way of the impending rush.
2. Be aware of Burleson. Seattle's Nate Burleson is off to a great start and he can get behind the defense and make some big plays.
3. Stop Carlson. The Jaguars have notoriously struggled against some of the top pass-catching tight ends in the game. Carlson is one of those, and the Jags must contain him.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. Get MJD involved. Maurice Jones-Drew had a quiet day last Sunday, but they didn't need him as the passing game was clicking. MJD is the team's best player, and he should get 20 or more touches.
2. No turnovers. With all of Seattle's injuries, the Jaguars appear to have a better team, and if they can keep the turnovers to a minimum, they should have an excellent chance of winning.
3. Keep up the momentum with MSW. Mike Sims-Walker has exploded the last three weeks, and he's looking like David Garrard's top pass catching option. Jacksonville needs to keep the connection of Garrard to Sims-Walker going.
What to look for:
1. Jaguars offense in the gun. David Garrard is a better quarterback from the shotgun, and they can still run out of it with Maurice Jones-Drew.
2. More trickery from Mike Thomas. Thomas is sudden, and he adds a dimension to the offense that they haven't had, maybe ever.
3. Sims-Walker to lead the team in receiving. He looks like the best receiver on the team, why wouldn't he continue his fine play?
4. Marcedes to score. Tight end Marcedes Lewis is quietly having a great year, and he should exploit an injured Seattle linebacking corps.
5. Garrard to have over 100 QB rating. David Garrard has been playing well, and he should be able to keep it going.
Game Preview: Jaguars vs Seahawks
State of the Texans Top Stories
UDFAs to Watch for the Texans Heading to CampRookie free agents will make an impact during training camp and here are some names that might just do that for the Houston Texans.
State of the TexansYesterday at 9:21 AM
Veterans That Could Help the Texans RosterAs the Houston Texans Head to Training Camp, Could Adding Outside Leadership Help the Team?
State of the TexansTuesday at 5:49 AM
Position Battles Heading to Training CampWith Houston Texans arriving to training camp next week, here are some early camp position battles to watch to open up the season.
State of the TexansMonday at 5:46 AM
No Need to Rush to Judgment with ForemanThe D'Onta Foreman situation will take time to sort out, so there is no need to rush to judgement.
State of the TexansSunday at 9:03 PM
D'Onta Foreman's Lawyer on his ArrestD'Onta Foreman's lawyer released a statement on the Houston Texans' arrest last night in Austin, Texas.
State of the TexansSunday at 12:08 PM