Jacksonville Jaguars (2-2) vs. Seattle Seahawks (1-3)
Sunday, October 11th, 4:00 p.m.
Kickoff Temperature: 49 degrees, sunny
Line: Pick 'em
Trends: Jaguars have won two straight; Seahawks have lost three straight and four of their last five.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on defense:
1. Bring the heat. The Seattle offensive line is a mess right now, and if Matt Hasselbeck is starting at quarterback, he will not be able to get out of the way of the impending rush.
2. Be aware of Burleson. Seattle's Nate Burleson is off to a great start and he can get behind the defense and make some big plays.
3. Stop Carlson. The Jaguars have notoriously struggled against some of the top pass-catching tight ends in the game. Carlson is one of those, and the Jags must contain him.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. Get MJD involved. Maurice Jones-Drew had a quiet day last Sunday, but they didn't need him as the passing game was clicking. MJD is the team's best player, and he should get 20 or more touches.
2. No turnovers. With all of Seattle's injuries, the Jaguars appear to have a better team, and if they can keep the turnovers to a minimum, they should have an excellent chance of winning.
3. Keep up the momentum with MSW. Mike Sims-Walker has exploded the last three weeks, and he's looking like David Garrard's top pass catching option. Jacksonville needs to keep the connection of Garrard to Sims-Walker going.
What to look for:
1. Jaguars offense in the gun. David Garrard is a better quarterback from the shotgun, and they can still run out of it with Maurice Jones-Drew.
2. More trickery from Mike Thomas. Thomas is sudden, and he adds a dimension to the offense that they haven't had, maybe ever.
3. Sims-Walker to lead the team in receiving. He looks like the best receiver on the team, why wouldn't he continue his fine play?
4. Marcedes to score. Tight end Marcedes Lewis is quietly having a great year, and he should exploit an injured Seattle linebacking corps.
5. Garrard to have over 100 QB rating. David Garrard has been playing well, and he should be able to keep it going.
Game Preview: Jaguars vs Seahawks
State of the Texans Top Stories
Podcast: It is Too Quiet on Kirby DriveState of the Texans podcast discusses a quiet week on Kirby Drive and what is going on.
State of the TexansYesterday at 6:22 AM
Texans Notebook: Jay Cuter to Houston?Texans Notebook: Jay Cutler to Houston and tracking the Texans.
State of the TexansMonday at 9:18 PM
Oday Aboushi Signs With the SeahawksHouston Texans lose another in free agency with Oday Aboushi leaving to Seattle.
State of the TexansFriday at 3:40 PM
MDM 2.0: The Texans Sitting at #25The Mock Draft Muncher has been updated, see who it has the Houston Texans selecting at #25 overall.
State of the TexansFriday at 7:22 AM