St. Louis Rams (0-5) vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-3)
Sunday, October 18th, 1:00 p.m.
Jacksonville Municipal Stadium
Kickoff temperature: 70 degrees, sunny
Line: Jaguars by 10
Trends: The Rams have the longest current losing streak in the NFL at 15 games. The Jaguars were blanked for the first time since 2004 as they were bludgeoned by Seattle, 41-0.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on defense:
1. Bend but don't break. The Rams haven't proved themselves capable of putting together lengthy scoring drives without turning the ball over. If the Jaguars can force the Rams to methodically go down the field, it is likely that they will stop themselves.
2. Affect the quarterback. The Jags don't have to get a bunch of sacks, but they need to take Marc Bulger or whomever is taking the snaps out of his comfort zone against a very porous offensive line.
3. Stop Steve. Steven Jackson is the Rams most dynamic playmaker and the Jaguars must find a way to slow him down. If they don't, an upset could occur.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. Stay balanced. Maurice Jones-Drew spoke out this week about the team abandoning the run too early. Although he may have spoke out of turn, there was some definite truth to his statements. The Jags should be able to run the ball well against a bad Rams defense.
2. Get Walker re-started. Mike Sims-Walker was inactive for last week's debacle due to his missing curfew on Friday night. Prior to that, the young receiver from UCF was playing the best ball of his career and he seemed to be on the same page as quarterback David Garrard. The Jags must get that connection going again early and often.
3. Limit turnovers. The Rams offense is averaging just under seven points per game and they likely won't be able to move the ball up and down the field on their own. The Jaguars must be careful with the football and not give the Rams any short fields.
What to look for:
1. Look for Maurice Jones-Drew to go over the century mark with a trip to the end zone. Jones-Drew talked the talk and now he must walk the walk.
2. Look for MSW to lead the team in receiving. Mike Sims-Walker is going to be motivated, and the matchups are very favorable against the Rams secondary.
3. Look for Steven Jackson to struggle. He will be the major point of emphasis for the Jaguars defense.
4. Look for the Jags to register two or more sacks. Not a big statement for most teams, but the Jags have just four sacks in five games.
5. Look for the Jaguars to get back to .500. The Rams simply aren't a good football team and their roster is void of talent. No way they win on the road.
Game Preview: Jaguars vs Rams
State of the Texans Top Stories
What To Watch in the Texans Preseason FinaleThe Houston Texans are set for their preseason finale and some roster spots are still going to be decided in Dallas.
State of the Texans11:11 AM
Podcast: Texans Making MovesState of the Texans podcast covers the third preseason game, recent roster moves and much more.
State of the Texans8:27 AM
Texans QB Situation Could Shift the RosterThe Houston Texans have some decisions to make with their roster and it starts with the quarterback depth chart.
State of the Texans7:50 AM
Texans Make Final Moves To 75The Houston Texans have made their official moves to get their roster to 75.
State of the TexansYesterday at 2:39 PM