San Francisco 49ers vs. Houston Texans
Sunday, October 25th, 12:00 p.m. (CST)
Kickoff Temperature: 76 degrees, 0% chance of precipitation
Line: Texans by 3
Three Most Important Things for the Texans on Defense:
1. Make Shaun Hill beat you. Star running back Frank Gore will play for the 49ers after suffering an ankle injury that's kept him sidelined the last few weeks. The Texans must do whatever they can to stop Gore and force the game into the less than capable hands of Shaun Hill.
2. Take some chances. The 49ers are not a quick strike offense and the Texans can afford to take some more chances defensively in the hopes of forcing some turnovers.
3. Focus on Crabtree. If the 49ers start Michael Crabtree, which they're expected to do, they will likely try to force feed him the ball. If Houston pays quite a bit of attention to Crabtree, they may be able to turn it into a big play.
Three Most Important Things for the Texans on Offense:
1. Loosen them up with the pass. Matt Schaub has been fantastic over the last few weeks and there's no reason for him to stop throwing the ball. Houston has matchup advantages on the outside and they should exploit those.
2. Stop fumbling. We're talking to you Steve Slaton. Slaton and the rest of the Texans ball carriers must do a better job of protecting the football against a defense that will be looking for redemption following their 45-10 thrashing at the hands of the Atlanta Falcons.
3. Score in the red zone. When Houston is going well, they are putting up 7's, not 3's. San Francisco doesn't have a very explosive offense and if the Texans can take advantage and maximize on their trips in 49ers territory, they can win.
What to look for:
1. Look for Owen Daniels to have a tough day. The 49ers are one of the best teams in the league at defending tight ends.
2. Look for Andre to score. Johnson was kept out of the end zone last week and it won't happen again this week.
3. Look for Matt Schaub to go for over 260 yards. Schaub has been fantastic of late, and the Texans lack of a running game will force him to pass more.
4. Look for Frank Gore to be held under 80 yards rushing. Houston has done a better job against the run of late (they literally couldn't get much worse).
5. Look for a big special teams play. The Texans special teams have been special of late, and both Andre Davis and Jacoby Jones are two of the most explosive return men in the game.
Game Preview: Texans vs 49ers
State of the Texans Top Stories
DeAngelo Yancey Has Visit Set Up with TexansThe Houston Texans have pre-draft visit set up with Purdue wide receiver DeAngelo Yancey.
State of the Texans8:19 PM
Texans Set Up Visit with Rashaad CowardThe Houston Texans have a pre-draft visit set up with Old Dominion's Rashaad Coward.
State of the Texans7:38 PM
Texans Meet With BYU's Harvey LangiThe Houston Texans caught up with BYU linebacker Harvey Langi at his Pro Day.
State of the Texans1:20 PM
Texans Mailbag: J.J. Watt Moving WellState of the Texans Mailbag: J.J. Watt is moving well, plus questions on Tom Savage, K.J. Dillon and more.
State of the Texans7:37 AM