Kansas City Chiefs (1-6) vs. Jacksonville Jaguars (3-4)
Sunday, November 8th, 2009
Jacksonville Municipal Stadium
Kickoff temperature: 80 degrees, 0% chance of precipitation
Line: Jaguars by 6.5
Trends: Jaguars have lost two of their last three games; Chiefs have dropped 27 of their last 30 games.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on defense:
1. Pressure Matt Cassel. Everyone else has. The Jaguars pass rush has been downright awful, but the Chiefs have allowed 27 sacks in just seven games. Matt Cassel hasn't been good under pressure, and if the Jags can make him uncomfortable, he should struggle.
2. Win third down. Kansas City is converting on just 21% of their third downs this season. Don't let that change.
3. Blanket Dwayne Bowe. Bowe is the Chiefs best play-maker and really the only player that should be on the Jags defensive radar.
Three most important things for the Jaguars on offense:
1. No turnovers. The Chiefs can't sustain long scoring drives so the only way they'll mount much of an offensive attack is by capitalizing on mistakes. David Garrard must play a safe game.
2. Give MJD the ball. Good things happen when they do. Why wouldn't they give it to the best player on their team?
3. Get MSW involved. Mike Sims-Walker had just two catches for nine yards a week ago. He must be targeted more.
What to look for:
1. Look for Maurice Jones-Drew to get near 30 touches. The trend has been to get MJD more involved after an embarrassing loss in which the offense isn't smart enough to give him the rock.
2. Look for the Chiefs to have under 80 yards rushing. The Jaguars will tackle better this week and more importantly, they won't be going up against Chris Johnson.
3. Look for Mike Thomas to have an impact. The Jaguars slot receiver has shown he can be a legit weapon.
4. Look for Dwayne Bowe to score. Bowe is an excellent receiver and the Chiefs best (and really only) weapon.
5. Look for the Jaguars to get back to .500. Kansas City is a worse team on paper than they are on the field, and they're really bad on the field. No way the Jags drop this one.
Game Preview: Jaguars vs Chiefs
State of the Texans Top Stories
A.J. Bouye Coming Into His OwnPatience and work ethic are paying off for A.J. Bouye and it is showing on the field.
State of the Texans7:30 AM
Brock Osweiler Sets The Record StraightThe Denver Media has been waiting for close to 7 months to get to talk to Brock Osweiler and the Houston Texans quarterback set the record straight.
State of the Texans7:19 AM
Offensive Line Holding Their Own in 2016Texans Notebook: Texans offensive line, Brock Osweiler on learning from Peyton Manning and more.
State of the Texans6:52 AM
Notebook: Broncos Know Osweiler is NearThe Houston Texans made multiple moves to sort out their roster and the Denver Broncos are well aware Brock Osweiler is on his way.
State of the TexansYesterday at 6:58 AM