Tennessee Titans vs. Houston Texans
Monday, November 23rd, 7:30 CST
Kickoff Temperature: 65 degrees, 10% chance of precipitation
Line: Texans by 4.5
Trends: Tennessee has won three straight; Houston has won three of their last four.
Three most important things for the Texans on defense:
1. Slow down Chris Johnson. The NFL's leader in rushing has averaged better than 210 yards per game from scrimmage over his last three, all Titans victories.
2. Force Vince Young to be a quarterback. Young likes to run around outside the pocket and make short throws. Houston must force him to stay inside the pocket and throw the ball down field.
3. Take advantage of opportunities. It's likely that Vince Young will throw some passes to the Texans defense. They must catch those errant throws and jump on loose balls.
Three most important things for the Texans on offense:
1. No turnovers. The Titans defense has been opportunistic over the past three weeks and the Texans haven't been very careful with the football. If Houston is going to stop a surging Titans squad they must protect the football.
2. Exploit the middle. The Titans safeties have not played very well this year and Houston can take advantage of that by throwing across the middle of the field.
3. Protect Schaub. Matt Schaub is a much better quarterback when he's standing upright with time in the pocket. If Houston can protect him, he could have a monster day.
What to look for:
1. Look for Chris Johnson to score. Johnson has been an unstoppable force of late, and he should make another house call.
2. Look for Schaub to go over 300. Matt Schaub should tear apart a Titans secondary which hasn't played well.
3. Look for Andre Johnson to score. Johnson hasn't found the end zone in the last four games. That should change Sunday.
4. Look for four or more combined turnovers. Both teams are turnover prone and there should be plenty of mistakes.
5. Look for the Texans to take a giant leap forward in the wild-card race. Houston seemingly always shows up on the big stage and they should take it to the Titans Monday night.
Game Preview: Texans vs Titans
State of the Texans Top Stories
2017 Houston Texans Draft Prospect ListA running list of 2017 NFL Draft Prospects the Houston Texans have met with during the draft process.
State of the Texans9:29 AM
Notebook: Internal Talks on Colin KaepernickIn this notebook: Florida's Pro-Day, Wes Welker's role defined for the Texans and Colin Kaepernick has been discussed by the Houston Texans.
State of the TexansYesterday at 8:35 AM
Texans Meet wth Florida's Joey IvieThe Houston Texans met with defensive tackle Joey Ivey at the Florida Pro Day.
State of the TexansTuesday at 5:58 PM
Do The Texans Have a Clear Path to Tony Romo?The NFL Owner's meeting was marked as a key moment for the Tony Romo saga and it appears they have less obstacles to worry about now for the veteran quarterback.
State of the TexansMonday at 1:57 PM
Texans Notebook: A Tony Romo Resolution?Texans Notebook: Owner's meeting in full swing and a Tony Romo resolution could be coming. Michigan and Local Pro-Day News.
State of the TexansMonday at 6:35 AM