Three most important things for the Texans on defense:
1. Bend but don't break. Houston did a solid job of limiting big plays by the Colts offense. Still, Peyton Manning incrementally went up and down the field in the second half.
2. Pressure Peyton. Manning didn't feel overly comfortable for much of the first half, but in the second half his protection was excellent. Houston finished with two sacks and four hits on Peyton Manning.
3. Beware of Addai. Joseph Addai wasn't a huge factor as he gained 69 yards on 15 carries.
Three most important things for the Texans on offense:
1. No turnovers. A pair of interceptions including one that just went back for a touchdown did the Texans in.
2. Protect Schaub. The Houston offensive line did a solid job of picking up most of the Colts blitzes. Indy registered two sacks and six hits on Schaub.
3. Three-step drops. The Texans didn't utilize the short passing game all that much, mainly because Dwight Freeney was out with an injury.
What to look for:
1. Look for Andre Johnson to have a big day. Johnson dropped a big would-be touchdown pass, but finished with five catches for 67 yards.
2. Look for Peyton Manning to go over 300. Manning completed 27 of 35 passes for 244 yards, three touchdowns and a pair of picks. He was near flawless in the second half.
3. Look for the Texans to run for less than 70 yards. Houston had 90 yards rushing by halftime and finished with 122.
4. Look for Addai to score. No touchdown for Addai, he was stopped inches short on a third period pass.
5. Look for the Colts to win. That's what the Colts do best. They simply keep winning games, regardless of how poorly they start.
What We Learned: Texans vs Colts
State of the Texans Top Stories
Podcast: Not Listening to Those LiesState of the Texans gets another podcast going for the upcoming season.
State of the Texans7:33 AM
Braxton Miller Looking to Make the JumpBraxton Miller is trying to make the jump in year two with knowledge to read defensive coverages.
State of the TexansYesterday at 6:39 AM
Robert Nelson Pushing for Bigger Role in 2017Robert Nelson Jr. has a role to fill at the cornerback position and it is his spot to lose.
State of the TexansMonday at 6:33 AM
Can Bill O'Brien Correct the Offense in 2017?Bill O'Brien knows he has to correct the Houston Texans Offense.
State of the TexansFriday at 6:09 AM